Need suggestions for adding LED lighting

It’s no secret. I am in love with the BudgetLED product. If you have any questions let me know.

I bought one in an emergency situation and had no intention of converting to LED but one grow with the @Budget LED light and it felt foolish not to get the rest. Lower power consumption and better quality of light and flower.

I couldn’t be happier. I often think about how lucky I was that they were a sponsor here or I may not have heard of the best light I’ve ever seen

:green_heart:
Which model are you running in what size space?

We have some great options. Our 250w with an XL heatsink would fit your space nicely. It would put you just north of the $300 mark for it. If interested, let me know and we can get you set-up right!

Here is what it can do ...

IMG_20200216_170605_893.jpg

IMG_20200214_140813_061.jpg
re

Below from @Silverfox125
IMG_20200210_074958_372.jpg
Just have a few questions..
Which is better for seed to harvest, the 3000k or 3500k?
What is the difference between standard and XL heat sink?
And does this kit require wiring it yourself and soldering, etc?

I’ll let Budget correct me if I’m wrong.

I have
one 130w series 2 4K in my 2x2 veg tent
one 250 w series 2 rspec 3500 in my 3x3

two 250w XL series 3 rspec 3500k in my 4x4.

the XL heat sinks are longer and best for the 4x4.

Just have a few questions..
Which is better for seed to harvest, the 3000k or 3500k?
What is the difference between standard and XL heat sink?
And does this kit require wiring it yourself and soldering, etc?

For seed to harvest, I would reccomend 3500k. The standard heatsink is 26" long. The XL is 35" long. The XL will offer better coverage for your grow space.

Two basic wire connections need to be made. It snaps together. No soldering from you needed. We assemble most of the light before we ship it.

For seed to harvest, I would reccomend 3500k. The standard heatsink is 26" long. The XL is 35" long. The XL will offer better coverage for your grow space.

Two basic wire connections need to be made. It snaps together. No soldering from you needed. We assemble most of the light before we ship it.
Ok thanks for the info.

Also, now that I’m thinking of getting away from my DIY tent and getting an actual tent.. the only dimensions that would work are the 63” tall, 36” wide and 20” deep model which would likely allow me space to run one plant only.
Would you still recommend the XL heat sink for those dimensions?

edit: some of the models I’m having trouble finding a par chart, is there some link that has those listed?

Ok thanks for the info.

Also, now that I’m thinking of getting away from my DIY tent and getting an actual tent.. the only dimensions that would work are the 63” tall, 36” wide and 20” deep model which would likely allow me space to run one plant only.
Would you still recommend the XL heat sink for those dimensions?

edit: some of the models I’m having trouble finding a par chart, is there some link that has those listed?

Apologies for the delayed response. I was on the road today and SE MI got hit with snow so its been alittle rough.

You would want the standard 250w kit for that tent. It would be perfect.

Apologies for the delayed response. I was on the road today and SE MI got hit with snow so its been alittle rough.

You would want the standard 250w kit for that tent. It would be perfect.
No worries!

Just to be clear, the standard is the Series 2+ 250w Red Spec or the Series 3 250w?

And is there any way to find the PAR measurement charts or any info on the ones that don’t have any listed?

No worries!

Just to be clear, the standard is the Series 2+ 250w Red Spec or the Series 3 250w?

And is there any way to find the PAR measurement charts or any info on the ones that don’t have any listed?

Either the Series 2 or the Series 3 Red Spec in 3500k for veg and flower.

You can use the Series 2 Par map as a reference for the Series 3. The Series 3 will be some higher but comparable. Please note the Series 2 in tested in an open environment so in a tent the edge measures will be alot higher. We will hopefully get the Series 3 tested soon but we have been very busy on light builds.

No worries!

And yesthe 250w with the standard heatsink is what I reccomend. It will light your new tent nicely.

So I’m about to start my 3rd grow and now that I’ve got the hang of the growing process down I’m looking for better quality buds. Last buds turned out better than the first but still not as dense as I would like.

I’ve asked a few people here and all pointed to not enough wattage in my tent.

Right now I’ve got two lights: one is a cheap blurple full spec LED that outputs 102 watts, the other is a SunSystem HPS 150.

I’m looking for an LED to either add and run with one of these lights (possibly with the blurple for veg and with the HPS for flower) or on its own if it would be good enough.

My budget is around $200-300 and I know I’m pretty limited in that range for a good LED.
Any input from people more experienced would be awesome.

So far I’m looking at the HLG 100 v2 4000k model or the Spider Farmer SF-2000 maybe?

My tent dimensions are 2” tall, 58” wide and 22” deep, so about a 4.5ft x 2ft area. The square footage is 8.86ft although usually I run two plants at a time and they don’t take up the whole space.

Thanks!!
hello your best bet would be the spyder farmer 2000 but dont buy them from Amazon get an account from Alibaba as these are the same lights just bypassing the middleman

Back
Top Bottom