Never grown before.. need help

WillGrapes

So starting in may or june of 2014 I will begin my first grow, so the reason I want to post this is because I want everything to go perfect while im growing.

So first off I will list a few things...
-Im a first time grower.
-Im growing outdoors.
-I would like to know the best way to grow outdoors.
-Im growing in a place full of trees.
-I mainly want a high yield.
-And I CANNOT cure/dry inside my house.

If you could give me any help whatsoever then that would be appreciated. Thanks.
:thanks:

To many things to list or explain.....my best advice is read, read, read........

Here's a little help to get ya started.
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

No grow goes without problems weather you are new or a 30yr grower, problems happen.

Pick a location with as much full sun from east to west and try to stay away from conifers and trees like maples.

Pitch, pollen, seed, mold, bugs can be a real problem growing around conifers and trees like maples.

Good luck, have fun and read!!!!

So starting in may or june of 2014 I will begin my first grow, so the reason I want to post this is because I want everything to go perfect while im growing.

So first off I will list a few things...
-Im a first time grower.
-Im growing outdoors.
-I would like to know the best way to grow outdoors.
-Im growing in a place full of trees.
-I mainly want a high yield.
-And I CANNOT cure/dry inside my house.

If you could give me any help whatsoever then that would be appreciated. Thanks.
:thanks:

Heady is right, read read read and that link is how i started as a grower. but sometimes it's nice to know what to read about so I'll give you a list of things to google.

Will you grow in pots out door? how much time do you plan to spend with them. if you can see them 3-5 times a day try a perlite grow, needs more attsion but people get really good grows out of it. How about a hempy bucket.
If you don't have alot of time to check on them or you plan to let them grow on their own (Smaller yields) Check out what all of the kinds of soil mixes to use.

are you going to be using any kind of nutrient?

for curing since you cannot do it inside you can take a look at a product called C-vault. A small one is about $29.99 and the largest they sell is about $100.

Is their a clearing with allot of light? you don't want them to stretch out.
If you wish you can Pm me and I will help in any way I can.

Growing around trees is a major pain, I learned that this year with a sappy mess all over some of my buds. These guys above have left you some great info. :thumb:

I would also like to suggest the reading. Reading is where you will get your ideas, and thus use those Ideas to experiment, experimenting and seeing it in front of your own eyes is what I have come to terms with in the idea of wanting to become a good grower. Get up get out and proceed and the knowledge will follow :Namaste: Best of luck through your growing adventures :joint:

:welcome:Read popular journals and get a book, so many things you will learn on a first grow. Do you have female plants? clones? seeds? To get your "high yield" first time growing outside will be most difficult without lots of reading or watching hours of youtube videos.

Curing? Who ever heard of a first time grow that made it that far. Don't buy the jars just yet, anyone read about "water-curing"? that could be a solution.

I expect to cure my first grow and wait at least 2 weeks for them to cure before I try any, that is on top of an expected 1 week of drying.

heres another thought for ya
make a journal so people can follow your grow and people will come in to help if you have questions to ask
also don't forget to put a link in your sig

Thanks I will! Also, when would be a good time to plant my seeds outside in texas im just putting them straight into the ground? ( it usually is 50 degrees at the moment )

spring
unless your indoors I would wait the cold might keep it in hibernation

Little cold to start seeds now, pick up a little 60w cfl and start the babies :)

Say you plant in March/April, your girls will veg (not buds just green growth) may, june, july, august there about September they will start to begin the flower phase (buds) for the next couple months. If you want smaller plants, plant them around june or july, anything before that is going to get beastly. You are south of me so your phases will come a couple weeks quicker than mine, do some research into your area, the temps you are dealing with, bugs that roam your area. All this will make for a nice grow if you know what is to come.

Your such a good help! Also I have one last question, is there anyway to setup a hydroponic-like system outdoors? If so what would you recommend?

Yes thats exactly what I want , an auto watering system so I dont have to visit the site often

I've been looking for something similar only for a small indoor grow, although mutliple units could work for larger grows. What I've found is the Claber 8053 Oasis 4-Programs/20 Plants Garden Automatic Drip Watering System. If you know how much water, in ounces or ml, you are feeding you plants per day, it will be very easy to set-up and program this unit. It holds 6 gallons which can last any where from 1 to 6+ weeks depending on the program. It waters twice a day, doesn't need a external water connection and can operate on a single 9V battery for up to a year. The price isn't that bad either. Amazon has a lot of varying reviews, but mostly positive, on this product. You might want to check this out to see if it would work in your environment. I'm planning on buying one before our next vacation.

you want at least mostly cloudy with maybe 10% amber
depending how you like the smoke some people like it with more amber for more of a couchlock effect

Back
Top Bottom