New Aquaponic System: First Timer

Joshualuck

Set up my new aquaponics system. running a fish tank with around 20 small fish growing 5 plants 3 great white shark and 2 red dragon. All going well been in the veg state now for 1 weeks. however the inside of the top leads of one of my plants are turning light green almost pale green. I am worried cause this is my first aquaponics system. is there a problem.

20201028_101602.jpg

Since you're growing in a soil-less medium that wood mean fertilizer of some sort but not sure how you wood go about doing that. Maybe it will work with just the fish poop??

I never did the aquaponic thing. I suppose seed to harvest using water circulating thru the fish tank and the roots clean the water of the fish poop ... that the i-deer?

Yes that's the idea. However the roots can't actually take to fish poop at first. Your system must have a bacterial colony to break the shit down or else it is harmful to your plants. But going back to the idea. The fish will provide all the nutrients for the most part for your plant to grow but need a hand full of organics to provide the nutrients for better quality of the plant. but all in all like I said this is my first system with aquaponics and I'm just worrying about my baby's. And want to make sure I head off any problems that would come up before they cause me to much of a problem.

I actually run a system very similar but with soil and no fish. I have an 80gal reservoir that I have RO water in. Its hooked up to a btm watering system that is totally automated using gravity.
All I gotta do is check for pests and take pics. Then of course its all hands on deck when the pests show up. Its never ending.

Yell me about it. pretty much the same here except my reservoir is 10 gals. And has fish in it. I feed my fish when I eat and keep the water full. My ph is stable at 6.5 and my water is 78 degrees. And the room temp is 73 degrees. I have small fans for my ventilation, it works good I've got a pretty good breeze. I'm just trying to get the most out of my baby's ya know

Hey Joshua,

Warm welcome to the forums at 420. Think your best option is to use search bar above and type in aquaponics to connect with other growers practicing the method or at least read as much info as possible. I did not see a specific subsection for aquaponics tho.

Another thought - I’ve read where doc claimed that foliar feeding is much more effective.... so maybe put plastic in place to protect the fish & water so you can foliar spray nutes on the leaves. However in flower that’s gonna cause problems... don’t want to be spraying your buds - hopefully by then the fish can provide nutes

Back
Top Bottom