New grower - Help

420-magazine-mobile159575471.jpg

Ok, you see my two girls here... the one on the left needs to be repotted- on right, I can give it another week. Both same age. Both are clones.

Yours have a weeks before you need to worry about repot.

Mikey thx for that....I just re read and he said hes got a 250 w hps... so yes he does have to take account for light distance...I forgot to mention if he didnt already know. With a 250 that box could work but you would have to train them really low and flip early. Hps need some distance so that box really should be taller cuz you run a risk of light burn. But he needs to up pot....hes in jiffy so all he needs to do is drop the whole cul into the new medium. The roots grow the same either way...it will not get rootbound in a jiffy cup if its in soil and kept moist. The roots grow through the cup. I say he needs to transplant just so he has room to backfill and give those stems some much needed support. Plus his pots arent really full so there is not much room for root growth. Thx for saying something about pot size and distance I totally spaced on that

Well guess what I did not read your last couple of msg and went to store and repotted and then put in there or Box, Gosh I wish I would have read this. I know these babes are not getting anymore stress after today. here are some new pics. I think I am going to have to supplment light, this is what I got right now. The three in littler pots are in bigger pots now and I will be dong nothing but light, air to vent , checking temp. No more stress for them. I pray they make it. Not sure though. Even If I get one or two I will be okay till I can do another grow.
waiting_to_go_in_grow_box.jpg
waiting_to_go_in_grow_box.jpg
in_grow_box_1.jpg
in_grow_box_2.jpg
under_light1.jpg
under_light2.jpg
after_transplant_3.jpg
After_transplant_2.jpg
After_transplant_1.jpg

please see the new pics I posted and tell me what yo think, they are in 3 gallon pots, Im using a 250 HPS 17 inches away from plant is it too close, there is an oscillating fan in the box, and a vent fan. I dont think they will all make it but it looks like if they do I amgoing to have to find them more room and light maybe???????What do you think. These ladies are really small for three weeks.

I'm no pro, but this is what I see. All of your plants look stressed after they got repotted. Their colour is not amazing, but again......it's likely stress. Give them a couple of days to see how they react. Nobody ends up with all of the plants or seedlings that they started off with so don't be afraid to cull a weak plant if need be. I don't know a lot about HIS, but I'd want my light as close as possible without getting tip burn.......someone else more familiar with HIS will jump in. Again.....I know it's hard to just watch them.....but patience is something I too am relearning.

Mikey thx for that....I just re read and he said hes got a 250 w hps... so yes he does have to take account for light distance...I forgot to mention if he didnt already know. With a 250 that box could work but you would have to train them really low and flip early. Hps need some distance so that box really should be taller cuz you run a risk of light burn. But he needs to up pot....hes in jiffy so all he needs to do is drop the whole cul into the new medium. The roots grow the same either way...it will not get rootbound in a jiffy cup if its in soil and kept moist. The roots grow through the cup. I say he needs to transplant just so he has room to backfill and give those stems some much needed support. Plus his pots arent really full so there is not much room for root growth. Thx for saying something about pot size and distance I totally spaced on that

I agree he can certainly fill the cups up to their tops.. that said, I'm sure he could up pot anytime especially for the reasons you mentioned but I doubt he has the space right now and this allows him time to prepare.
That said, these jiffy cups, if roots can pass through its material is not very different from fabric pots- only a very small version of it. That said, he won't get rootbound as it will air prune until he does up pot. If it's just drop into another pot- no real stress, if he chooses to take out of the cup- stress..

Thanks for helping to clarify.

Back
Top Bottom