New grower needing insight

Pman Sticky Ikky

Hi everyone,
So I have had a few "significant learning curve grows" before (major F-ups by any other term) but now I'm think I am starting to find my stride... Kinda...
I have a beautiful Frisian duck growing in a small greenhouse with a DWC setup & it seems to be doing quite well despite my lack of skill or experience & my area being really hot the past few weeks. I know the greenhouse is not 100% necessary for the grow. However this area has a helicopter flying peeping Tom issue around this time of year soooooooo...... It's a necessary hurdle I must have.

So the grow it self is going well but my concern at the moment is the lack of trichromes & the buds not fattening despite some hairs beginning to turn red. I'm wondering if the higher temps in the tent before I modified the fan have impeded the development of abundant trichomes...
KIMG0957.JPG
The area where I am is still 12+ hours of day light though it is shaded from about 3:30-4:00 pm until night fall. I'm honestly not sure if I'm technically still veg'ing or not & the feminized plant just reached a point in the grow where flowers just started. Again, I'm a newbie. My other grows have all been indoor so this outdoor thing is a new one on me, & I haven't established what "normal" is for outdoor activities yet. The hairs changing has me worried that I may need to begin flushing soon but I don't want to too early because if the high temps have already setback trichrome production, I DEFINITELY done want to short the baby on nutes.

What does she look like to y'all?
KIMG0955.JPG

Thanks!!!!! I am super impressed with the improvement of quality of this as compared to the hodgepodge cheap lights I was using on the early indoor grows. But I'm prepared for the next indoor crop with a dual veg/bloom 1200W LED. We'll see how that one does. I was testing it on a clone from this one but I think the clone got sick when I was super cropping & never recovered. So I pulled it to salvage the few pieces of popcorn it had.

Oh! Forgot to mention for those interested in Frisian duck, the green pheno I have has a really mild non-attention getting smell too. Only when you disturb it do you get a sweet pine smell & even then very mild for those seeking nose discretion. I like it so much I selected a little popcorn piece on the lower part of the big girl as a sacrificial pinch bud as a teaser until it's smoke:20 pm.

Little micro update on Ms. Frisian duck. I'm super pleased so far! Despite the hiccups along the way there are several MONSTER buds (over a dozen) trich's starting to cloud up a bit & a very excited farmer sharpening the trimmers!

Attachments

• Picture_20191308041326.jpg
    Picture_20191308041326.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture_20191308041351.jpg
    Picture_20191308041351.jpg
    582.4 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom