New grower questions

Kuro3

Hello all,
I'm currently on my first grow with FastBuds genetics ( 2 six shooter, one green crack, and one Pineapple Express). They are on day 20 from seed and they're looking very good. I gave them a lite feed the other day with biogrow from biobizz and I've been watering with orca mycorrhizae from the start. They are in 3 gallon fabric pots and are finally starting to fill out the pot in terms of vegetation. I want to maximize my yield as well as keep these plants short so lst has always appealed to me. I ended up buying pipe cleaners and clothes pins. When can I start tying them down? Is it worth it? And if I do tie them down how long will I need to keep them tied down? These are all autos btw. Receiving 24/0 light
Thanks

Hello all,
I'm currently on my first grow with FastBuds genetics ( 2 six shooter, one green crack, and one Pineapple Express). They are on day 20 from seed and they're looking very good. I gave them a lite feed the other day with biogrow from biobizz and I've been watering with orca mycorrhizae from the start. They are in 3 gallon fabric pots and are finally starting to fill out the pot in terms of vegetation. I want to maximize my yield as well as keep these plants short so lst has always appealed to me. I ended up buying pipe cleaners and clothes pins. When can I start tying them down? Is it worth it? And if I do tie them down how long will I need to keep them tied down? These are all autos btw. Receiving 24/0 light
Thanks
By all means commence the tie down lol. And you can leave the ties in place until harvest. Tying down encourages branching and to keep an even canopy.

By all means commence the tie down lol. And you can leave the ties in place until harvest. Tying down encourages branching and to keep an even canopy.

Lol so I can start today? I wish I had a pic but they are about 6-7 inches tall very bushy. But they seem to be getting taller faster now

You could have started some time ago depending on what you are trying to do. Google low stress training (LST) and watch a couple of vids.

LST or low stress training is a valid method to help increase yield by X % as it allows greater light penetration to the lower bud sites which are more often pop corn fluff... it will only work so much tho, once light source/qualities & the inverse square law of light is understood, it is not to much hassle to ponder over i hope.

You can get good results tho.

Some pipe cleaner lst.

008644.JPG

Back
Top Bottom