New grower - Yellow dots after transplant - Soil grow

mike61482

Hi I am a new grower in the wonderful state of Colorado. I decided to grow one plant a month for personal use and to learn to get a job in the Marijuana industry. I just started growing a plant from seed for about 3 weeks now . I planted the seed directly into a small solo cup with fox farm ocean forest. The plant did fine it broke the soil in 4 days and was doing perfect until I moved it to a medium size pot with the same soil. Now there are yellow dots mainly on the new leaves near the veins. Help please I don't want my first plant to die.

Need more info to help, Mike. A pic says a thousand words also. Have you fed it anything? How about the PH,, whats going in? What kind of light are you using,,,, start there and maybe somebody can help

I am not feeding the plant anything. The PH of the water I give it is 6.1 I don't have a tester for soil. So right now just watering when the soil is completely dry about every 3 days. Lights are 4 1600 lumen fluorescent bulbs. And one 4000 lumen bulb. I am not sure how to get pictures on here working on it.

hmmm,, only thing I see so far is the water PH,, with soil I'm shooting for 6.8 going in, but you're not that far off.... did you add anything to the FFOF like perlite or anything,, or just dump the bag and fill pots? Could be a hot spot in the soil, but I'd wait till someone more experience chimes in.....

Those or that isnt what i was expecting,,, I'd say two things. I've seen that on young plants, it always works itself out,, usually. But i haven't had a lot of problematic plants.

Or, it could be hungry,, I say that because of the light colored new growth. But,, thats not likely with new soil, possible, but not likely in my opinion.

I'd wait,, supergroomer or someone a little better at problems will give better insight... good luck.

Thankyou any help is sweet. This is my first plant and I don't want her to die. I am not trying to set any records here just want to make it all the way through and get my first legal homegrow bowl of marijuana.

Did you transplant into ocean forest or a different soil?
What's your humidity high and low?

I transplant the plant into the same soil from the same bad now I am seeing purple in the leaves. The person I git the seeds from said the seeds were the "Kronic" strain.

Those or that isnt what i was expecting,,, I'd say two things. I've seen that on young plants, it always works itself out,, usually. But i haven't had a lot of problematic plants.

Or, it could be hungry,, I say that because of the light colored new growth. But,, thats not likely with new soil, possible, but not likely in my opinion.

I'd wait,, supergroomer or someone a little better at problems will give better insight... good luck.

For starters, here are a couple pictures to help. You should get your ph up to 6.5-7.0 (6.8 would b ideal) You may be getting a little lockout on some nutes.

rs_rs_ph_nutrient_availability.gif
cannabis_leaf-deficiencies3117.jpg

I would start by watering with water ph'ed to about 7. Then check your run off. If it is still in the low 6's I would flush till you have it at the 6.5-7 range. Then giver her 2 or 3 days to dry out. Watch the new growth for more spots. The spots probably won't go away on the leaves that have them. At 6.1 you may be having a Cal/Mag deficiency. :peace:

I just bought a new ph meter going to do some testing. I would like to thank everybody who has submitted help and I really appreciate all the information. Would you guys like to suggest any other meters that I need. I currently own a light meter which is an app on my phone that shows Lux and light temperature, and a ph meter. I am only going personal grow here not a warehouse

Seeing some new growth I think she will be ok.

Great. It's likely one of two things. Your water did that, possible. My gut instinct is a hot spot in the soil.

I'm wondering when you filled the pots, did you put the bag of soil in a container and mix it up?

When I get a new bag I like to dump it out and mix it up real good. Then add my amendments if any. But, I always dump the whole bag into a large tote and mix it up. I think this helps avoid hot spots. That stuff could have been bagged sitting in warehouses for a long time.

Good luck going forward. .hopefully this was just a hiccup in your grow....

Back
Top Bottom