New growth but curling leaves

thecyberartis

I was going to start my grow journal but starting here first, journal after this post.

I bought two clones from a dispensary - White Widow and Deep Chunk/Strawberry Cough. I had them for a few days before transplanting to Fox Farms Ocean Forest in 5 gallon buckets with plenty of holes drilled for irrigation. The water takes about 45 seconds then empties out the bottom (50% maybe). The bottom of the buckets are clear of the overflow. They are inside in what will become a two room hydro system but through them in the soil because... well I was over anxious and really not ready to grow but I grabbed them anyways. No nutrients as of yet because I was under the understanding that this particular soil would sustain them almost to harvest without excess nutrients. My plan was to start nutrients in addition this week to get them over to a flowering light schedule.

I have seen double the foliage but only about an inch of growth the ten days that they have been in the soil. Only today did I get my temp/humid sensor and ph meter. I will update with those results shortly. There were burnt tips on the lower branches of the WW but haven't worsened and actually has done better. The WW lower leaves are starting to droop and curl under (bad turgor).

Take a look at the pic sand let me know what you think. They were in rock wool which was put directly into the soil once about a half inch of various roots were showing. The soil has never gone dry and watered twice a day about a litre a plant with Arrowhead Spring Water - delivered, room temperature. I didn't worry about over watering because the soil drains well. There is an outside dry ring of soil of about in inch just before watering. Even with good drainage, I may be overwatering and haven't checked the ph yet but will in a moment. Realize I need distilled water at the least, maybe get refillable five gallons jugs of ozoned etc water from one of those refill machines out in front of the super markets?

Thanks for you insight, checked the guide at the beginning of the forum, couldnt match up exactly what was happening.

CyberArtis

Additional info - Originally all I had were 4 spiral 40watt 6500k CFLS. I added a T5 6500k 54watt dual tube fixture an moved the CFL's to the sides.

Fan initially was blow-by then turned to blow over them but think it dropped the temp too much. was going to keep the turbo fan to circulate air within the room then add a 120mm 80cfp fan to blow right across the plants - thoughts?

Should I drop the side CFL's?

Temp swing should be less than 10 degrees with the current weather and outside intake vent. (65-75 respectively). No humid info yet or actual inside temp - data to come, along with PH.

DSC_0134.JPG

DSC_0135.JPG

DSC_0137.JPG

DSC_0143.JPG

DSC_0146.JPG

DSC_0145.JPG

DSC_0131.JPG

Additions to be made in the next few days -mylar OR flat white paint (per some NASA research I found posted in many places). Havent decided which way to go.

Inline intake fan and exhaust with intake filter.

Reflector hood over the T5.

:thanks:

You are overwatering them... Cut back on the water and foliar inbetween waterings... Let them dry out... Keep an eye on the new growth.. You may want to do some reading, you will need to get some veg nutes and plan on getting flower nutes when you go to 12/12. Lot's of good info here How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine :peace:

Got it - thanks. I've been over-reading. I pretty much narrowed it down to overwatering in my head but the comments I had seen about not worrying about it if there was good flow through the pot messed up my thinking. :ganjamon:

Additional info - the pots are up and out of the drained water. There is a plug to drain the water out of the tray and then I pour that water on my veggies outside. Got my Advanced Nutrients already just wanted to fix the current problem.

Been watering by hand - irrigation system not functional yet.

Should I cut the side CFLs?

try slowing down the watering.
the soil looks dark and the leaves look hydrated. the ph is pretty high.
and definitely use quality water. i only use spring water,rain and seltzer.
im afraid to use (the chlorine) my tap water will strees the plants. brita filter or buy the 5 gal jugs just for your plants. get as much light as you can. and run a fan blowing on the lights and the tops of the plants.

Back
Top Bottom