New Guy Here!

S0L1T4RY

420 Member
Hello Everyone!
Hope you're enjoying your morning/day!!
Finally became a member. I have been reading these forums for the past little while and from what I can tell this is an amazing community!
I originally came across this place looking for grow tips as just this year I started 3 plants to just play with. I'm very green(noob lol) when it comes to growing but the information here has helped me so much already.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

-S0L1TA4Y

Helpful Links For New Members well hello friend welcome to 420 magazine. Click my link for more information. I’m glad you have had a positive experience with us and I look forward to you starting a Journal so we all can follow your work and progress.

Hi and welcome to 420 Magazine
We are all green noobs at start so no worries.
:welcome: Start a journal so we can follow and help out if you need it.
You will find the thread on how to start a journal in the link provided above.

Well in the beginning, around End of April I decided to grow some seeds I had found in some stuff from the dispensary the previous year. Unsure of strains as I don't remember what they came out of.

I honestly didn't put to much thought into this and just germinated them and got them going in some Miracle grow potting soil. Once they were about 3 inches tall I stuck them on the deck outside. Eventually, they made it out into the yard in a patch of brush that received a good amount of sunlight throughout the day. No fertilizer other than what was in the potting soil and just regular tap water.

Because of me not having a plan for them and just "winging it", they did not receive the best care :( Though as I did more and more research about flowering I was worried I wouldn't be able to complete a photoperiod(?) and get them to flower. As it turns out they are auto's and I was lucky, or so I thought.

They did really well through the summer other than lack of attention and me being a bit careless/forgetful. I believe it was beginning of August they started to flower. Summer is usually nice and warm well into September. But this year is a different story. Its getting really cold really fast. So cold in fact it turned my entire plant purple(except the buds) I've been letting it go but just yesterday, after some long thought I harvested. I'm not gonna get much if anything but I really don't mind as this was just me "winging it". Currently have them in a dry box, might get a couple nuggets that are decent as the main bud on each plant was doing the best.

My plan for next year is to be more diligent and do it the right way. As I have found in the forum there are plenty of resources and help. m quite excited to get going next year. I will buy seeds( Following one of @Icemann420 current journals, Haze25, seems like a likely choice as it seems to be a quicker one, or some white widow as I've read its quite resilient) and follow a proper schedule and do this right way and actually enjoy the bud in the end.

I should note they were not ready yet as some of the bigger bud had about 60% pistils orange. The rest still mostly white

It was a hard decision to harvest but either way Im excited to start the next grow. I will keep a journal of the next one.

This was a few days before harvest :( Frost and almost 0degree temps. And no way to keep inside. I'll be building a grow box next time
IMG_20180924_153235.jpg

The outdoors can be harsh. At least you gave it a good go though. I've tried to grow outside twice and both times I failed. First time I planted them too early and there was an unexpected shift in weather, they froze then the slugs pretty much devoured them. The second time my girlfriend ran them over with a lawnmower. but I've learnt things both times lol. Building a grow room is a good idea. You have so much more control over environment and pests :)

Yea the harsh environment got me this time but had it been a normal year I think it would have pretty decent. Either way, gonna do one plant next and baby it, something that doesn't get to tall. Super excited anyway. Still see what I can salvage from this

Back
Top Bottom