new here looking for advice on a wheel grow

little more info in this pic can i put 3 plants in 2ft? i was thinking plants will be 2.5-3ft tall at end is that a ggod size and will they fit? thanks

i'm thinking the bottom of this needs to be higher then the water level in my res ?is there any other way to get the drain to work?

yes yes yes.

yes that should work, yes that's called NFT, yes the bottom must terminate higher than your res. . 2-3' plants will be way to big in this kind of setup. . . with 50-60 plant you should be looking to flower clones as soon as they have roots, they'll probably finish about 16-20 inches hopefully, or they will start to block light getting to the plants above them.

you could fit 3 in 2', but i would refer to standard SOG numbers at about one per sq ft. so i would put two in 2'.

thanks so much this seems a lot easier.the water spay line is 1/2 inch and 40ft long what size res do i need? i just got a 258gph pump is that good? if i trim the bottom branches and top the plants (i think its called lolly popping) could i do more plants and get a bigger over all yield?i see something called a spreader mat ,do i need it? or will the roots do fine in the pvc? thanks again for all the help.

i just looked at heath robinson vertical its similar to what i'm doing but i see he put plants in the elbow so i guess i can do that to get better spacing

yeah, as far as spacing etc etc, i have never built a vert yet, so just follow the journals.

one thing i can help you with. . . get a bigger pump. thats a lot of hose you have to fill, and you are gonna have a lot of lift to get it up to the top. . . i would suggest something 750-1000gph, that should give you 8-9 feet of lift, to get it to the top and still have power to distribute the water evenly. gonna cost you 50-60 bucks.

i think 25-30 gal would be a good size res.

i just built a cloner to use and i hooked up the pump i bought to it and i need a lot more flow for the coliseum.i bet your right with the 1000gph .can i get a regular sump pump?like something i would use in a basement bilge? thanks

Back
Top Bottom