New here

Hi Katmik3, and welcome!
You should be able to transplant them now if the weather is ideal. If your nights are cold I would bring them in but for the most part you want to toughen them up. If your plan is to keep them outside then switch to a 5-7 gallon fabric pot if you can, preferably 7. From sprouting I have heard it's best to plant in the final pot if outdoors. There's varying opinions but it's worked good for me so far.

Well I’m new to this and live in Canada and it is very warm in my back yard
We're you planning on planting in a garden or pots? Just don't over water the plants yet and stay away from nutes. They need to get their roots established first and that's a great way for them to start. Lots of sun. As much as you can. The season is late for you so your plants will be short but still produce some yields.

I'm in Ontario, and we have it pretty hot as well. The large fabric pot will keep moisture better and will allow your plants to dig deep for nutrients. Because it's so hot and humid, for the first few days I would try some indirect lighting while they get going. Perhaps someone else can chime in here but it may be too early for the extreme heat.

Welcome katmic! One product I’ve heard mentioned over and over again is Great White mycorrhizae. It’s a product that will do wonders for your your roots in the new medium. Many great growers on here swear by it. It’s in my shopping cart. Lol

Hi Katmik3, and welcome!
You should be able to transplant them now if the weather is ideal. If your nights are cold I would bring them in but for the most part you want to toughen them up. If your plan is to keep them outside then switch to a 5-7 gallon fabric pot if you can, preferably 7. From sprouting I have heard it's best to plant in the final pot if outdoors. There's varying opinions but it's worked good for me so far.
What kind of soil should I use ?

My 2 newest girls use this as well, plus some perlite and a bit of MG organic mix. Working well as you mentioned.

I've heard 70% soil, 20% compost and 5% perlite is a good growing medium.
So you add those to the FFOF?

So you add those to the FFOF?
Just the perlite and MG Organic. I know the Ocean is loaded with goodies, including perlite or similar, but the MG Organic had some stuff in it that I liked as well. I'd have to go back to the bag but I think I have an image of it in my journal. I was probably 75% FFOF, 20% MG and 5 in perlite.

My next grow will be the 70/25/5 I mentioned. I didn't have the compost this time so I substituted cow manure. My two biggest girls have that mix less the compost. I'll have new images up shortly.

I'm in Ontario, and we have it pretty hot as well. The large fabric pot will keep moisture better and will allow your plants to dig deep for nutrients. Because it's so hot and humid, for the first few days I would try some indirect lighting while they get going. Perhaps someone else can chime in here but it may be too early for the extreme heat.
I’m wondering if I should be harvesting these or not

Attachments

• B12A3515-291C-4214-9503-A76344185C6E.jpeg
    B12A3515-291C-4214-9503-A76344185C6E.jpeg
    702.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 589BA396-D30D-4239-BEBC-A165F8A1CCE3.jpeg
    589BA396-D30D-4239-BEBC-A165F8A1CCE3.jpeg
    730.8 KB · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom