New and excited to grow again

Cutting some lids for my 5gal SIP buckets.

Lil pic of my controller and 6" exhaust fan.

Amazing how much work goes into setting up a system...it's all in the details :thumb:
Having fun and taking pride in what I am doing, all tips and tricks appreciated...Thanks and Grow on!!

PXL_20231001_173022674.jpg

PXL_20231001_173137545.jpg

PXL_20231001_173141840.jpg

PXL_20231001_174036446.jpg

Thinking to add mostly perlite on the bottom portion then a mix of it all above the reservoir.

That’s the way to go.
I personally like to put perlite in the bottom 4-6” of the bucket. Creates a gap between the soil and water table layer.
Not for me. I like one homogeneous mix all the way through for more consistent wicking. If you put a perlite layer in the bottom like suggested you get different roots in the bottom layer and it's more challenging using organic nutes through the reservoir, at least it was for me.

And that bucket design has a built in air gap anyway so not really needed. Better to use that perlite to lighten your mix at somewhere between 30-40%.

Love it, like either way is a win win with SIP's

I was thinking with this grow bucket set up the material around the reservoir is the primary wick as the top of the reservoir is the air gap and does not make contact with the nutrient water solution.

So was thinking to put the non soil materials that wick around the sides and chunky material on top of mesh reservoir and then soil and all in the mix above the top level of the reservoir. Basically trying to keep soil out of my reservoir and keep plenty of wicking material in contact with the sides of the reservoir, as well as keeping the drain holes on top of the reservoir open/unrestricted from soil compaction etc.

Lil up date here....

Picked up a few seeds from Real Seed company and popped a few Burmese and Tirah seeds. They all popped and have sprouted up now.

I also wanted to try Cafe Racer from Blimburn Seeds and popped 3 of those and all three germinated and got planted in FF HF this morning.

The two seeds from Barney's, Blue Sunset Sherb and Glookies, looking great and up to about node 4-5 currently.

The old seeds I had around from a previous grow are struggling around node 2-3. I am trying my best to get them going to preserve the strains I like....Purple Tangie and a White Widow or Wonder Woman not sure as I labled WW...

Grow big and have a great week!!:blunt:

Welcome to 420 420hive! Happy Growing! :Rasta:

Good Luck Mate! I Love the SiP Method for sure, I have already started designing my own, for the switch over next go round:D KEEP IT UP!!!

Welcome 420Hive. You’re off to a great start….you’ll love the GroBucket SIPs. I used a GroBucket SIP last winter and I was really impressed. I managed to squeeze two plants in a 2x4…..they definitely filled it.

I’m growing a SWICK this grow (fabric pots wicking liquid from a base)….another SIP option.

Best of luck with your grow!

Hello everyone, new here and wanted to drop in and say hello.

Started a few seeds, Purple Tangie, White Widow seeds from a few years ago that I grew as well as a couple seeds from Barney's Glookies and Blue Sunset Sherbert.

Going to do a 4x4 tent with SIP style grow in 5 gallon grow buckets.

So excited I had to order a couple more seeds from The Reel Seed Co. picked up a Burmese and a Tirah set of 5 seeds.

What are you all excited about today

TGIF!!!
Welcome 420hive! I'm new here, too. That is a very impressive set up you have there. I hope to drop in from time to time and see how you are doing.

Have a great grow!

MGM

Back
Top Bottom