New and excited to grow again

420hive

Hello everyone, new here and wanted to drop in and say hello.

Started a few seeds, Purple Tangie, White Widow seeds from a few years ago that I grew as well as a couple seeds from Barney's Glookies and Blue Sunset Sherbert.

Going to do a 4x4 tent with SIP style grow in 5 gallon grow buckets.

So excited I had to order a couple more seeds from The Reel Seed Co. picked up a Burmese and a Tirah set of 5 seeds.

What are you all excited about today

TGIF!!!

Welcome to 420 Magazine @420hive

There are plenty of SIP grower here, so you should fit right in.
Do you have any images you would like to share?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Welcome to 420mgazine :welcome: any pictures? & have you been growing long?
I have some seeds soaking also can't wait to get rolling 👌

Welcome to 420 Magazine @420hive

There are plenty of SIP grower here, so you should fit right in.
Do you have any images you would like to share?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..
Sounds great, thanks for the links.
I have been addicted to the SIP threads for a while now;))
So many fantastic like minded people, it's Great!!

Welcome to 420mgazine :welcome: any pictures? & have you been growing long?
I have some seeds soaking also can't wait to get rolling 👌
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I have a few indoor grows under my belt, dabbled in hydro and soil all with ok to good results.
I plan on adding a grow journal and posting some pics.
Congrats on the seeds, it's always exciting to get started.

Purple Tangie and White Widow seeds I created from a few years back sprouting to life after sitting in the closet waiting.
These sprouted 9-12-23....lil behind on pics
Next time I will trim these odd shaped peat moss plugs down a bit.

PXL_20230913_003547637.jpg

Started a few seeds, Purple Tangie, White Widow seeds from a few years ago that I grew as well as a couple seeds from Barney's Glookies and Blue Sunset Sherbert.

So excited I had to order a couple more seeds from The Reel Seed Co. picked up a Burmese and a Tirah set of 5 seeds.

TGIF!!!
Welcome to the grow show. So how many 5 gal. buckets are you planning to put in a 4x4? All you can really do is 1 plant comfortably unless you're flipping to flower as soon as they sprout. 1 plant in a SIP will fill a 4x4 tent wall to wall with a 6 week veg & some LST with no problem at all. You can pull a pound pretty easily from one plant in a SIP.
Only way to get 4 plants in there is to use grow bags & settle for 4-6 oz. plants. Just a heads up as I've already tried what it sounds like you're attempting.

Purple Tangie and White Widow seeds I created from a few years back sprouting to life after sitting in the closet waiting.
Are you talking about the seeds sitting in the closet for a few years? If so, how you store them is important to long term viability.

Welcome to the grow show. So how many 5 gal. buckets are you planning to put in a 4x4? All you can really do is 1 plant comfortably unless you're flipping to flower as soon as they sprout. 1 plant in a SIP will fill a 4x4 tent wall to wall with a 6 week veg & some LST with no problem at all. You can pull a pound pretty easily from one plant in a SIP.
Only way to get 4 plants in there is to use grow bags & settle for 4-6 oz. plants. Just a heads up as I've already tried what it sounds like you're attempting.
Going to try 4 smaller plants, exactly was hoping to get 4-6 per bucket. I will put a wire fence section to act as SCROG and also do LST to each plant before it hits the fence. I can see that one could do the job but love variety.:lot-o-toke:

Getting the drain hole installed on my SIP Grow Bucket set up...show a few of the supplies I have gathered...still a few more I am gathering up.

Doing a lil clean up and scavenger hunt to find my environmental controller and a few odds and ends.

Gotta set up my intake and exhaust fans and build an intake box with a filter so I dont suck in too much dirty dust and junk.

Found my digital timers and set one up for 18-6 cycle and installed on the ViparSpectra XS1500 today. The seedlings have been on 24 hour light for about a week under a small fluorescent and five days under the XS1500.

PXL_20230923_182656465.jpg

PXL_20230923_183402459.jpg

PXL_20230923_184344577.jpg

Whats shakin? @420hive :ciao:
Welcome!
Getting the grow space set up with 6" Vortex exhaust fan today. Moving along nice now set the controller up with the exhaust fan to kick in at 75% humidity durring the seedlings start.

I used a some new peet plugs to start my seeds and they are not performing well in that set up compared to the 2 seeds in plain HF FF soil and no plug.

Picked up the largest fire extinguisher I could find and installed a smoke alarm in the tent and one on top of the tent today.

PXL_20231001_035643123.jpg

PXL_20231001_035649217.jpg

PXL_20231001_035656717.jpg

TGIF!!!
My apologies for being late.:Namaste:
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome::ciao:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom