New indoor medical grower in Vermont

Wood butcher

First grow for a Medical patient (lifelong Veggie gardener) to treat depresssion and degenerative joint disease.
Day 38 of flowering. First post, so on a learning curve on the photo management end.
Any thoughts?
60" x 120" x 84 inch room lined with reflective mylar with two 600 W digitally ballasted HPS lamps (can take MH)
50 pint dehumidifier keeps humidity at 45-55% regardless of outside weather.
Temp controlled 75-78 degrees F
Plants transplanted into 20 gallon tubs. that drain into trays where solution is aerated and continuously recirculated, testing twice /day for pH and ppm.
Medium: 3/1/1 coco coir/perlite/vermiculite.
Nutrients well known 8 part organic system.. right now at 600 ppm will ramp up to 1200 as buds grow bigger. Plants currently taking 5 gallons each/day. monitoring pH is very important this solution brews and alters its characteristics. also change every 2 weeks.
Ventillation is via 240 cfm in line fan through charcoal filter then through lamps to reduce heat and out through fan.
flowering_day_38_2_x_42_nch_scrog_white_widow_in_front_santamaria_in_back_.jpg

View image in gallery

First off. Welcome to :420: Secondly, I'm very jealous of that space. Your plants look happy and healthy. I want to pull a scrooge mcduck and dive into that pool of bud you've got. :thumb:

If you like sharing your grow and documenting everything, I recommend heading over to Journals in Progress and setting up a journal. Its fun to share your grow and a great place to soak up information on equipment, strains, and grow techniques.

Thanks. It has been a hell of a learning curve. As a "weed" it is easy to grow, but very difficult to grow well. I did a lot of homework for about a year before getting a license and starting. I think it is important to not cut corners. I have made some mistakes along the way. If you saw the plants the first week of flower when spider mites found their way in you'd have sworn they were doomed. But some predatory mites from the big "A" fast fast shipping!, ruthless pruning and very tight ambient temperature controls. Witt winter coming, I'm setting up a vestibule to preheat air to 80 degrees before it goes into the grow spaces. the heating f the cold air will help to reduce humidity.
Still have a lot of work to do. and next grow is going to be better. (I hope, I grew up on a farm and KNOW that what cna go wrong will go wrong, it is not an "If " it is always a "when". I'll add some LEDs, still choosing them, hard to sift throught he marketing snake oil.
High THC cannabis seems to have originated in Afghanistan. The closer we can get to emulating that the better. Right now at bud level in the middle they're getting 80,00 Lux and 40 on the outerbuds. Tropical sunshind with the sun at zenith gives 120000 LUX so I still have some headroom left lithting wise.

Thanks I'm doing some space improvements and am planning to document an entire grow from seeds to harvest, a kind of documentary with tons of photos and video.

Back
Top Bottom