New Laws Have Tougher Penalties for Pot Growers

PFlynn

Florida - Starting Tuesday, a new state law will bring harsher penalties for marijuana growers. Under the new Florida law, a "grow house" will be classified as a building containing 25 or more marijuana plants. Before, the threshold was 300 plants. The charge will remain a second-degree felony.
"Our laws were way out of date on that," Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum told the Tallahassee Democrat.

The law also allows law-enforcement agencies to dispose of grow-house equipment after taking pictures or recording video.

Tallahassee police say that in the past, they have had to store every single marijuana plant and piece of equipment until the people arrested went to trial.

"The storage is expensive, and we spend a lot of time packaging the material, time we could be investigating other criminal activity," said David McCranie, spokesman for the Tallahassee Police Department.

Also, it will be a third-degree felony for someone to own, lease or rent a place while knowing that it is being used for drug trafficking or making drugs.

News Hawk: PFlynn - 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Tallahassee Democrat (FL)
Copyright: 2008 Tallahassee Democrat
Website: New laws have tougher penalties for pot growers | tallahassee.com | Tallahassee Democrat

"The storage is expensive, and we spend a lot of time packaging the material, time we could be investigating other criminal activity," said David McCranie, spokesman for the Tallahassee Police Department.

Investigating what exactly? more non-violent offenders to clog up the prison system? when they should be going after murderers, rapist, terrorist, violent street gangs..etc..etc...? and it just goes on and on!!!

Believe me, it ain't just the good ol sunshine state either, it's the whole south east that's forked up.
My Dad once told me, and it's so true, "everything starts in California and slowly works it's way east"...hell, I remember when you couldn't even buy Co@rs be@r here in this part of the country, but it finally made it's way here, and canna reform will to eventually.
But, it will have to be fought for tooth and nail before it will even slightly be accepted.
People are just so quick to give up on their beliefs here, that it's an exhausting and mind numbing task to recruit help here.
We really need help in getting the message out to the masses.
My state only has one NORML chapter, and I have never seen even one of their people trying to get their message out, not one flier, or rally, or meeting.
California has what? 12 or 13 NORML chapters? And I'm sure you guys have rallies and meetings and everyone pushing the issue for canna reform just about everywhere you go, right?
We desperately need help on this end...this bible belt/yuppy soccer mom mentality here has gotten so out of control, to the point that there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel for us...it's a real shit burger that were forced to eat!

The law also allows law-enforcement agencies to dispose of grow-house equipment after taking pictures or recording video.

[/url]

I'd be surprised if this clause survived Constitutional challenge; it's based on presumption of guilt.

Not equitable to the person's property rights when found "not guilty"

The sad fact, is that it really takes a super loud voice to actually do any good, money or no money.
I've said this in so many posts now, and I'll say it again; there has to be a unification process that has to take place on such a large scale...I mean every smoker!!! We are the only ones that are going to do it...period!!! No one else is going to make this stand for us.
I think we need to unite every single MJ site on the net, we need to get are asses out there and re-educate people, we need to rally support from every town and city in America, we need to get the public involved...and even more than that, we need to get the media on our side and super involved with getting the truth out!
How do we do all that? That's the million dollar question!!:hmmmm::scratchinghead::nomo:

LOL, yep, now get the smokers off the couch...lol

Yup...thats it right their, people are only willing to go so far with it, and then just give up...well, I ain't doing that...it's just a cop out and very hypocritical to say "yea dude, I think pot should be legal" in one breath, and in the next breath, "I'm too stoned right now to care"...I'm guilty of that my self.

I've been thinking of a way to counteract this problem, and what I perpose, is that everyone start only growing and smoking motivating strains of Sativas...most people only smoke what they can get their hands on, whether it be one hit indicas, or anything else that brings you up or down...doesn't really matter.

It's not exactly common knowledge about Indicas and Sativas to the general public...really only growers have that knowledge...does that make since?

I think it should be our jobs as growers, to educate everyone about this trait in our beloved herb, and get the word out to the large scale growers, that we need more sat's on the street than these heavy Indicas that just take the wind out of everyones sails and saps our motivation.
Just ponder the possibilities of all pot smokers, smoking a pure Sativa like Maui Waui,(what I'm growing now) with it's very mind expanding properties and motivational up high...Now, were talking about having the energy we all need to get active.

I know what y'all are thinking..."that's a little far fetched"...but, if you think about it, it's doable

In fact, the government and all their so called research, still doesn't quite understand this fact about cannabis...and they just automatically say that all pot smokers are lazy and unproductive...and they are right too, because more times than not, people are smoking Indicas, and cant help but have couch lock and munchies that makes you fat as well. Can Y'all Dig? :grinjoint:

I think those Indicas should only be used for sedation in med patients and Sativas should be what's grown and sold to recreational smokers.

Personally, I prefer a good daytime smoke, and when I look for beans, that's what I'm looking for the most....I even found, easy growing and stealthy Lowryder #2 to have a great daytime up high...and super fruity taste as well. I recommend it to everyone.

The main thing, is to watch what we smoke, so that we stay motivated and prove those government SOB's wrong about pot smokers.

I know that everyone smoking nothing but sat's for recreational use is just a pipe dream, but if you think about it long enough...doesn't it make since?
I mean, everyone having a real clear conscience and energy to boot? Man...how sweat would that be?
Don't get me wrong...Indicas do have their place too...their great for pain meds and for a good sleep aid too, not to mention for lazy rainy days when you just want to rest on the weekend, but for everyday use, Sativas are much better for motivation, and thats what we need to prove to the man, that, not all pot just makes you lazy and worthless...does this sound crazy to y'all?...it makes perfect since to me.

I second that agreement "BOTH" One for up and one to sleep if they had a third, that would be great!

They do...their called hybrids or crosses...:smokin:

Those are really great for relaxing without falling out, or bouncing off the walls, just kinda in between...lol

Yahoo, now only if they had a forth....lol:bongrip:

Try hundreds if not thousands of different strains and varieties and potencies of our beloved herb...now thats something to celebrate!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: hip..hip..hurray!!! lol

Just meant third from Indica and sativas there should be a third type we HEAR about. Most dispensaries only show the two kinds then under those two types you have 15 brands to choose from. I don't mean types of weed we should have three, I meant most weed is either one or the other, indica or sativa :yummy:

Yea...thats true..they are the two base pure strains, but then all the crosses of them would kinda be like a 3rd, right?..then just think about all the lowryder crosses...they are almost in a world of their own...but I do see what your saying....sativa..indica..then ? crosses?

Although, I ain't complaining about what we already have...I've loved every bud I've ever smoked...as long as it got me high :smokin:

Oh...only 15 of each to choose from huh...damn lucky dawgs!!!...lol...must be nice!!!...lol

Actually 15 was kind of a min. guess...oops, sorry to rub that in anyones faces. Yeah we have cooking oils too, and muffins and salad dressings too. But I'll tell yeah, koo-do's to all our growers, fantastic tastes, and choices. Street does not compare to the smooth taste of Medical Grown. The growers take every action to promote the best quality I have seen in 40 years. The prices hurt us mostly at $75.00 an 1/8th I grow my own and only buy the specials on free gram Sundays. I am grateful, I am very lucky in many ways. So thanks to our growers!!! Now lower the price....lol:rollit:

tbh...I think some of your meds are making their way here, but the prices are jacked up way way past your $75 an 1/8th
A good friend payed $250 for what I think was lemon skunk...Even though it was killer, I know he was ripped a new one
I payed $450 an oz for kali mist a while back, and loved the smoke, but when I'm used to paying $120 for mids and $150 for good green an oz...damn, $450 hurts

the good stuff is 450 oz avg where i live

mex is about 40-45 quarter

mids seem not to exist its either very good or avg commercial

yep...thank you California! we sure are enjoying the fruits of your labor :yummy:
Now...Just lower the damn prices, like Sabin said!!

Back
Top Bottom