New Medical Marijuana Policy Issued

imagine the MILLIONS of dollars that would be saved if we pardoned all of the people doing time in jail for smoking weed..... I would love to hear guesses on how many people are jailed at this time for possession of Marijuana.

Answer to part 1, the Prison Industrial Complex would never allow this to happen.

Answer to part 2, Google it and you shall see!!!

I just GOOGLED it the answer is.......
1 BILLION Dollars annually...

American taxpayers are now spending more than a billion dollars per year to incarcerate its citizens for pot. That’s according to statistics recently released by the U.S. Department of Justice’s Bureau of Justice Statistics.

According to the new BJS report, “Drug Use and Dependence, State and Federal Prisoners, 2004,” 12.7 percent of state inmates and 12.4 percent of federal inmates incarcerated for drug violations are serving time for marijuana offenses. Combining these percentages with separate U.S. Department of Justice statistics on the total number of state and federal drug prisoners suggests that there are now about 33,655 state inmates and 10,785 federal inmates behind bars for marijuana offenses. The report failed to include estimates on the percentage of inmates incarcerated in county and/or local jails for pot-related offenses.

Multiplying these totals by U.S. DOJ prison expenditure data reveals that taxpayers are spending more than $1 billion annually to imprison pot offenders.

Private company extortion at its finest as well as funding for terrorists organizations disguised as government agencies... ie, DEA/LE.

But the fact is it means nothing. No change in law, not binding to any state or federal prosecutors, nothing to guide judges.
Its just another line of shit from the shitmeister Obama. He said we were going to pull out of Iraq and shutdown gitmo too. Just rhetoric. Until they change the laws its just rhetoric.

Gotta give you this one; it leaves far too many loopholes for The Feds to continue just as they always have.

Yup... just a yes ma'am deal to get backing for more spending and his obamacare.

Two major issues coming down the pike... health care reform and his second stimulus package that he is trying to get passed. We have not even spent the first one yet and unemployment keeps going and going and going.....

I just hope they don't go and try to make it all medical. I mean if you work outside all day in the sun, You dont need some doctor giving you a perscription for a beer...

Lots of people can use mj to sooth pains and stress issues. Who is to say where to draw the medical line? Cali says anyone who can get a headache can have it, other say you pretty much have to be terminally ill.

I'm glad to see some people ARE awake. Our old are suffering with these STUPID ASS people. Let's lower their social security, lets take this, let's take that. SCREW THEM! Put the damn money back into THESE programs. Hell they APPROPRIATED the money from them in the first place. I'm sorry but Obama's POLICY is BULLSHIT and a smoke screen. Let's hear him say he has introduced a bill to congress saying he wants it legalized, then I might believe him. They OBVIOUSLY think that marijuana users are stupid. I would really like to know how many marijuana users voted for him because of his comments about marijuana, before election. My favorite saying through life has been "DON'T PISS ON MY SHOES AND TELL ME IT'S RAINING". Well I don't see a cloud in the sky. One last thing I'm sick of our taxes going to programs that promote "PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH". Just sayin.

It's about time.... Legalization creates not only an economic benefit to the great state of California it also erases a HUGE cost center in the area of Law Enforcement. In my mind legalization is a win-win for California.

Are you a 420 Magazine sponsor?

If not become one, then you can promote your product and I will check it out.

I guess they weren't as thpost was already deleted.

Back
Top Bottom