New member for two pieces of information

Megacamz

I have a grow space of 43cm(W) x 146cm (H) and 53cm (D) and plan on using CFL bulbs, what Wattage am I looking at? Should I use one big one at the top and a few lower Wattage CFL's closer to the plants?

and question two, How do I regulate temperature in the wardrobe (when I turn the lights off) if the bulbs are the main source of heat?

The heating in my house is only on at mornings and the afternoon when everyone is home as is needed, the rest of the time its pretty cold in the house, should I keep my room heated through the day with an electric heater?

As far as cfl goes I think most people use several of them spread out over the top of the canopy. Remember 6500k color temp for veg and 3000k for flower. Also cfl's are nearly useless unless there within two or three inches of the plants.

I once read on here that the sun on a hot day in the middle of summer produces around 10,000 lumens per square foot. thats alot of cfl's... lol. my point is it would probably be hard to over do it with cfl's.

as for heat i guess i dont have a very good answer for you there... you could try maybe one of those heater mats that are designed especially for germinating plants. it just seems like a waste for you to have to keep that whole room heated all day, just so you can keep your little grow box warm.

Anyways, theres my 2 cents... hopefully I helped at least a little lol. happy smokin buddy

I too am worried about heating in my setup. Temps here fluctuate wildly, and my family tends to ignore it quite a bit so no AC or heating much. My light is HID though so I get alot more heat out of it than you'll ever get from a CFL. Also consider that if CFL's can be so close to the plants they are not going to provide very much heat to an overly cold ambient room temp. I would suggest a small space heater/ foot warmer. If you are going hydroponic you might try an aquarium heater, but it'll only help your reservoir, not the room.

Thanks for the info guys, yeah out of everything, temperature is my main concern, I have everything else I need, I'm sticking with the multiple CFL setup close to the plants I think.

About the heating, I would get a space heater or something for the room. They put out some heat depending on how big the room is. Especially if you keep the door closed. I never used for a grow situation though. I don't see how it would hurt as long as you don't have it right next to the plants.

Back
Top Bottom