New member from Canada here!

Heard about this site through someone else online.

Site seems great so far, will definitely be sticking around. For those that are unaware (Although I'm sure all of you are), over in Canada we are now allowed to grow up to 4 plants at home now. So will definitely be using these laws for that.

Will be starting with a 4' x 4' x 8' tent, Viparspectra 600 (will only use one to start, then get a second one for when flowering starts) and an inline fan and filter.

Only thing I need to figure out is what strain(s) to actually grow to help with insomnia, depression and something that can maybe fix my habit of eating minimal amounts most days.

Welcome aboard

Indica are great for sleep, i love GDP and California Orange, but lots of others asssss well

I think most medium to high THC help with depression. High THC , well, ya get waisted..lol..so I prefer a medium or even better infused oils

Good luck my friend

Funny enough I don't smoke too often anymore or take in cannabis in other forms either. But am going to start again as I want to curb the alcohol intake as it's been a bit much over the last couple of years. Perfect timing for this legalization to happen. Couldn't be any happier that this is now allowed, including smoking in public being treated like cigarettes now in terms of where we can smoke. What I will say is that I was adamant with everyone that we were never going to see this day and that it was all lies just to get votes... guess my opinion has been slightly changed now.

So guys, I am blown away by the immediate welcoming. This seems to me like it will be an amazing community for this topic and off topic as well.

From the list below, this will be my initial purchase which I will order tonight. I am heading out for vacation tomorrow afternoon so when I return I will order the seeds (if not tonight as well) and get the fertilizer/soil/whatever else needed when I come back.

Out of curiosity (sorry if this is against the rules), but is this good for starting out?

Inline 4" fan with carbon filter:

711o3KAsX4L._SL1200_.jpg

Viparspectra 600W (Will purchase 1 until veg is almost done and a second before flowering):

Minerva 48"x48"x80" Tent:

71eGSl-98PL._SL1500_.jpg

Get a good 6" inline for that tent size

Is budget an issue??

I'd go with QBs, or Quantum Boards, if you can afford them
I had that viperspectra, cheap light. Light is yer most important purchase, don't skimp if u can

Get a good 6" inline for that tent size

Is budget an issue??

I'd go with QBs, or Quantum Boards, if you can afford them
I had that viperspectra, cheap light. Light is yer most important purchase, don't skimp if u can

I don't want to spend a ton of money to be honest, I can go a little higher, do you have a link to purchase within Canada?

edit: changed fan to 6". total comes to $591.98 CAD shipped. (before it was $40 less for the 4" fan)

Google Quantum Boards, I'm not in Kanuckistan, so not sure, but I know there are sellers up in the Fridgid North

I'd go 4" fan and upgrade the lights myself

But I started cheap too but with a 600w HPS.

Just remembered, a $100 light is a $100 light, a $300 light is probably more than 3x better, more like 10x...lol

Google Quantum Boards, I'm not in Kanuckistan, so not sure, but I know there are sellers up in the Fridgid North

I'd go 4" fan and upgrade the lights myself

But I started cheap too but with a 600w HPS.

Just remembered, a $100 light is a $100 light, a $300 light is probably more than 3x better, more like 10x...lol

So you're saying I'd be fine with a 4" inline fan?

As for the light, I'm seeing pretty good outcomes with the 600w (equivilant) viparspectra. If I had 2 of these would it be that much better or would the quantum boards completely destroy those? I'm not looking to spend $800 on a light mind you (I haven't looked into the prices). For now I could start with the vipar and later get an even better light and use both at the same time mind you.

Welcome to :420: SFL!!! Congrats on the legalization my friend. I'm starting to play around with strains that are 1:1 thc/cbd. To help ease the symptoms of ptsd. An indica would be something to look into as well, maybe check with some of our sponsor seed banks.

If you want total cover in that tent, two 600w won't do it

The QB will destroy the output of the blurple lights

But, that said, sometimes $$$ is an issue for sure

Diy is a great way to go with QBs. Maybe a plan down the road for ya

If you want total cover in that tent, two 600w won't do it

The QB will destroy the output of the blurple lights

But, that said, sometimes $$$ is an issue for sure

Diy is a great way to go with QBs. Maybe a plan down the road for ya

If DIY for that involves soldering and whatnot then I have about 10-15 years experience in soldering on circuit boards... so basically need a magnifier type of soldering ;)

If DIY for that involves soldering and whatnot then I have about 10-15 years experience in soldering on circuit boards... so basically need a magnifier type of soldering ;)
Then diy is the way to go

I have about $400 into my diy QB in my 4x4

If yer not in a huge hurry I'd check into that aspect

I can help if you can source Kanuckistan QB dealers

Back
Top Bottom