New seedlings haven't grown for three days. Please Help!

fasttanoy

Hi guys,

I'm a first time grower and am haven't problems getting started. I have shiva skunk and jack flash seedlings planted in a coco/perlite 75/25 mix under a budmaster LED light. Full details can be found in my journal .
The problem is my plants haven't changed or grown any since day 5 and it is now day 8. I tried researching some causes of this. One I've heard is a lack of CO2 but the air in my grow room is swapped out every minute. I haven't watered since day 5 so don't think it is over-watering. The relative humidity is low in my grow room (~37%) but I do spray the plants every hour when I'm awake.
The last thought I've had to save them is to move them into their 20 litres containers which I wasn't suppose to do for another week now.
Any thoughts anyone could offer would be much appreciated :)

These are the plants now:

IMAG021318.jpg
IMAG021422.jpg
IMAG021520.jpg

Here they were on day 5 (three days ago)

IMAG020818.jpg
IMAG021015.jpg
IMAG021214.jpg

Your light is to far from plants. Extreme stretching going on. Try moving light closer.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm quite anxious over here so I appreciate you taking the time to help me out :)

I'm surprised it is the distance away from the light- I followed this guide that the manufacturer of my light has.

Are you sure the plants are stretching, as I said they haven't grown at all over the last three days. If the light was too far away wouldn't they still be stretching up?

I'll try moving the plants to about 1m away and see if this changes anything.

As posts above, stretching. But what do you mean not growing? They'll be working on their next node and growing roots. These are seedlings. Don't over water, allow to dry out a little and get those roots searching for a drink. no nutes till third set of leaves, deep breaths, relax and enjoy watching your seedlings grow. Try and water then keep away for 4-5-6days. This might help relax. Air will be fine, especially if getting swapped. If going to add co2 hold off till flowering, then wait till quarter or half way through. Earlier you start the more they need/want.

I mean they have been at exactly the same height and have had the same size of leaf for three days now. It's not like they're constantly stretching upwards to reach the light (that's what they were doing during the first five days) they're just not doing anything!

Thanks for the advice I will let them dry out over the next couple of days too.

Seedlings do not need hourly spraying once a day is enough, I do not spray mine at all. Also for the first 3 weeks I would recommend using T-5 florescent lights as they can be much closer to the seedling (3-6 inches) to reduce stretching. A meter(3 feet (36inches)) seems a little far for L.E.D. lights as well, but I am not all that familiar with L.E.D. lights. I would also recommend stepping your transplants instead of going from those small containers to 5 gallon containers, first transplant to half gallon pots, then to 1 gallon pots, then 5 gallon pots.

Back
Top Bottom