New Tent Did I Do It Right?

So, if I had a 4 bucket DWC setup connected like a RDWC (connected to a common reservoir via 1/2" tubing) but didn't have a pump actually recirculating from the rez to the buckets, would that be good?

Each bucket and the rez would have a bubbler in it of course. I've got 1/2" rubber grommets and 1/2" connectors, and figured I'd install those and hook the buckets up together and to a rez until I can get ahold of some uniseals and 1.5" PVC pipe to connect them properly later when I get some more funds to build a better system.

That way I could at least administer all of the buckets nutes from the rez instead of each individual bucket and the plants could all draw on the nutes in the rez automatically.

I'm just wondering if this would be better than stand alone non-connected buckets, and work well until I can build the system better into a real RDWC upon the next grow.

I saw a gravity system like that

Can't remember who, maybe was KCCOs grow, basically the levels are all the same based on filling, dropping, the res bucket, or any other for that matter

So far i like each as their own entity, but I have different stages of growth so that makes a difference too

I'm just wondering if I can set it up like that and add the recirculating pump part later when I can afford to upgrade the system.

I can later on replace the 1/2" grommets and hoses with uniseals and 1.5" PVC pipes to the rez and add a recirculating pump.

I'm guessing if they can grow stand alone just fine that connecting the buckets together to a common rez will also be OK, so long as everything is bubbled adequately?

I just installed some of those rubber 1/2" grommets and 90 degree connectors in some 5 gal buckets, the all leaked, lol.
Guess I have to get some food grade 100% silicone to seal up those grommets when I install them.

Well, I just bit the bullet and bought some 1.5" uniseals.

I'll be running 1.5" PVC pipe from a rez to the buckets. It sux to spend money I don't have, but I cant stand the feeling of not doing it right.

Your set up looks good to me and like what has already been said aslong as your temps dont get silly high you should be fine to start out and learn the ropes.

What I would probably do in your shoes is rather than try and fill the tent with plants take advantage of having that floor space and just let your plants grow with Abit of room round them.

Will you get a better return if you had another or bigger light and a bigger fan to keep the temps down? More than likely yes but everyone has to start somewhere and just upgraded as and when your situation allows.

Best of luck with your activities bud

Thanks for your reply!
I agree with what you are saying. The temps have been difficult to deal with, I have no chiller for my rez, so I've been daily doing the frozen ice block thing to keep it cool, and since we have been having heat waves here, it's been a challenge to keep everything in the grow room below 85 degrees.

So far so good, the little plants are just starting to grow, all except one which for some reason is showing signs of deficiency, but I think it is a fluctuating temp issue to be honest.

I am still adding another 900W Viparspectra light to the setup in a couple weeks so that when flowering time comes for this first grow it should produce more.

I'll be set up better for next grow, but by that time, I'll be battling cold not heat, which will probably be easier :)

Back
Top Bottom