New to both. Help me Please!

n00b

i want to start off by saying that im new to growing and new to organics. i'm on a huge learning curve here but i think i got most of the basics under wraps. now to my situation...
so im almost done my first three (two to three weeks till i hack em)which are mixed species, one of which being a blueberry. these poor girls havent had the best life as they were my learning project. they are in soil and for the most part ive been using schultz nutes. ive underfed and overfed, as well as overwatering (flushing the nutes out when they were burning). i took three clones from the blueberry before i turned them 12/12. these three are now about a foot and a half tall and have also been fed schultz for the time being but i really want to try organically.
the stuff i have access to around here is bat guano(13-1.5-3) and the two types of alaska brand nutes. (MorBloom 0-10-10, Emulsion 5-1-1). I also already have Earth Juice Microblast and molasses. I have granular bonemeal which i sprinkled on the surface already(didnt know to mix it in the soil) and epsom salts that i use very conservatively. Im having trouble finding specifics on exactly how much of what i should be using and when. Can anyone help me formulate some sort of regular feeding schedule using these ingredients and point out if there is anything nutrient wise that i may need in addition to these. after the damage i caused to the first three i really need to get this down pat before i can move on and learn about the rest of techniques to play with.
also i should mention that these are growing in a slightly less than perfect climate, the RH isnt as good as it could be but it stays within an acceptable range, the temperatures both high and low are slightly lower than they should be as it is cold here right now. as time goes on i will be making changes to be be more efficient but funds are limited so its gonna be a process. any help would be so much appreciated and thanks in advance!

Wow! thanks for the quick reply, and great links! ill try to get a little more specific. right now im in the flowering stage, so my question(s) is, if i was to use the alaska Morbloom for fertilizer, how much would i want to use? and would i want to add micro/epsom/ bonemeal to all the feedings? if so how much? and i heard molasses is good too but how much would i include in a feeding? and if im going to make a brew including all of these, how often would it be safe to feed that? im really nervous about not getting the measurements right because im not able to monitor them steadily. so what im looking for is kind of a mix all recipe that would be just a little on the low side so as not too accumulate too much excess nutes. if they looked pale or droopy i could always bump up the feeding a little but i dont want to burn again, my first girls are not looking to good and i dont want to end up back here again.

Hey n00b,
Do you have pics of your grow setup? Lights?
I'd chill out with adding too much too your soil before first learning the pros and cons of doing so. For instance blood meal and bone meal can affect your ph, depending on how much you add to the soil, so in attempting to compensate for the earlier malnutrition, you might end up compounding the problem. Don't worry tho, my first grow went a hell of a lot worse than yours sounds.
If you're in flower just feed with your morbloom only. Leave all the other additives out. its a lil late to be adding stuff to the soil. Use the Morbloom until the 5th or 6th week, then just used Molasses and water. Water will help flush your plants and molasses will help with nutrient uptake as well as adding to resin production. If you want around weeks 3-6 you can add guano, but i'd recommend learning how to use guano correctly, as i just burnt the skirts off one my ladies not applying correctly. Here's a link to help you with the guano:
Bat Guano for Organic Indoor Gardening w/RooRman
The Weed gave you fantastic links that you should check out. The last one he posted will probably help you the most with getting your grow on track. I know the title may sounds a bit funny, but its a great compilation of threads and tricks & tips.

wish ya good luck with ya grow :surf:

unfortunatly i dont, im using a 400w HPS bulb about 1 foot away from the tops(maybe a little more) i built a box thats about 4 feet wide 6 feet long and 8.5 tall. i covered all sides but one with panda plastic. the 'door' is a black sheet i used so i could easily gain access without wrecking my plastic and i wanted fresh air to seep in because i dont have a very good way of exhausting yet, but its cold so i have a 1500w oil heater in there with a regular fan to blow the air and heat around, during the day if its not too cold its been stayin around 18* C, it sometimes drops to 16 if it gets real windy and cold out. (thats inside my tent, much colder in the shed itself) The older ones which im going to harvest in just a few weeks arent doing very good. theyve experienced just about everything that could possibly go wrong but i still have a semi decent bud formation. im just watching to see when i want to stop feeding and just water them out, the clones that came from the blueberry are in the same tent now as they will replace the ones that are currently in there. unlike the older ones these are still nice and green and havent been burnt, i want to switch to organics before they start producing bud. i just went out and bought the morbloom so i could read the bottle and it says to mix 15 ML to 4L of water. is this too strong to use as a full feeding? and am i going to be ok only feeding this or should i be mixing in some earth juice micro too? i got it because ive read that lots of micro nutrients are neglected by most first time growers so i wanted to be prepared. i will work on getting pics but im not sure id know how to get em up on here anyways lol. gonna check back on here before i go to bed tonight but i prob wont be able to update till tomorrow. thanks for the support guys its much appreciated.

15ML is 3 Tbl. If your plants are older than 4 weeks(overall btwn veg+bloom), then i'd go ahead and give it full strength but alone. If you're going to add the micro, I would give 10ml(2 Tbl) of the morbloom and add some earth juice. Remember add your earthjuice to the water first then morbloom, dont mix them before putting them in the water.

There a buncha good articles on nutrients & mixing them in the thread the weed gave ya:
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

GL :surf:

15 mil is actually 3 Tsp, teaspoons, not tablespoons... Noob, just keep reading and learning.. If using something new then little is better, you can work your way up slowly with the nutes... Pay attention to your plants they will tell you when something is right or wrong..:peace:

15 mil is actually 3 Tsp, teaspoons, not tablespoons... Noob, just keep reading and learning.. If using something new then little is better, you can work your way up slowly with the nutes... Pay attention to your plants they will tell you when something is right or wrong..:peace:

Eeeeeek, major slip up on my part! Thanks for the correction Irie! I meant to write 15 ml = 1 tbl and 10ml = 2 tsp... My apologies n00b, it was a non-malicious slip up. Sad part is i wasnt even lifted lol...

Good catch again Irie +rep

cool thanks much guys, i havent checked yet but im thinking its almost time to try some on the little guys. ill check tomorrow if they need a drink, as for the older ones i think im just gonna cut my losses and start flushing them out for harvest, maybe ill learn how to put some pics up later so i can show how they looked through the whole timeline.

Back
Top Bottom