New to farming

sailorjim3

420 Member
Hello - I am new to MMJ farming despite having a lot of gray hair. I have had this same problem with my previous grow and I lost some of the crop to it. In both cases, the plants are 4 to 5 weeks from harvest and they developed the gold-colored cells between the veins, they curl under, then dry up. I have looked at a lot of photos of nutrient deficiency, but with my very poor eyesight, I just can't tell for what to treat the plant. Since I have very few plants, I need to nurse each on along. If you can give me you thoughts on what I am looking at, I would be greatly appreciative.

I can't seen to upload a photo. I will continue to learn, but until I understand how to connect a photo, I would be happy for any thoughts on the plant.

sailorjim

If I have any luck at all, this should result in a photo of my plant problem. The patches on the leaves are a gold color and the leave curl under when the leaf dries out.

IMG031.jpg

Nutrient def or possible PH problem.

I would assume you are growing in soil/compost & was wondering if know the PH value of soil/compost ?

Nutrients used & how often are you feeding would help also.

Any chance of a pic with out lights on them it helps get a better colour definition of the plants :thumb:

Thanks for the notes. I am getting the hang of things here. This photo show one leaf taken on the kitchen table with using a cell phone with flash. The colored areas are yellow and the leave curl down and dry out. The pH is about 6 to 6.5 and the NPK are good. Soil is 1/3 composted cow manure and 2 of garden soil with water retention capabilities. Since it is in the second month of flowering, I feed Miracle Grow Bloom, but only once so far. The other 9 plants do not show any problems. Been spraying that plant with Formulex (micro nutes) and the problem may be suspended.

unknutdef2.jpg

Thanks.

That leaf is really dark green & suggest a nitrogen abundance which may lead to toxicity if regular feeding... i'd becareful on strength of nutrients used...

Seems odd that one plant is effected in less you have a few different strains on the go ?

But foliar feeding is a good method to quick fix problems most the time..

leavedeficiencies22.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts. I think I have narrowed it down to a zinc deficiency. All 10 plants are from Blueberry Kush seeds and they received like treatment since they germinated. Well, I continue to learn.

And on that note, I would like to express a little disappointment that you were the only one willing to take the time and get involved. Not to depreciate the value of what you gave me, but we all need to remember that very few of us were born with all of the answers and the only way we grow is when we pass along our learning.

Live long and prosper

I'm sorry that your question didn't draw a better response. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's a problem encountered on forums, where a hundred new threads may be started in a day. Once yours reaches the second or third page, it gets overlooked. In the future, if no one has responded, just post "bump" and it'll hit the top of the list again.

Please accept our apologies. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom