New to growing

JRD

420 Member
Hey All,

new grower here looking for some advice.

my setup- 4’x8’ grow tent, 6” inline fan, 2 portable fans, 2 sets of

BESTVA DC Series 2000W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Grow Lamp​

I started off growing the following
X2 OG Kush
X4 Blue dream
X1 gorilla glue #4
X1 Mind control

i germinated the seeds last Thursday, using the wet paper towel method until the root was approximately 1/2”. I transplanted the seeds into solo cups using FF light warrior. I’m currently keeping the LEDs approximately 16” from the top of the plant. While most of my seeds have popped they don’t look particularly healthy IMO. The leaves appear dark green, and are facing downward. My temp in the tent is staying around 67-77f with about 50% humidity.

what am I doing wrong here? Do I need to drop the light? I have read about overwatering and am wondering because of the info I read if I’m being a little overly cautious with the water, this drying them out? Any tips? Or am I overreacting?

ADC03A8C-974E-4F72-B68E-C0F1CEE6A10B.jpeg
B5C61409-4051-43F6-AFDA-BA4683BC8B4C.jpeg
26F467FF-B7F3-4191-BBFA-E7026C4A63F4.jpeg

Patience with seedlings. Just dont over water. Keeping them warm is good. Why all the blue light?? Just go full spectrum get them used to it. Turn the lamp down or only use one and set it up off the seedlings a foot or more if you cant turn it down.

I dont use fresh soil with seedlings either. I think your soil you used has fertilizer in it if I'm not mistaken.. That can sometimes kill seedlings since they dont need any and their roots are still forming.

Hey JRD,

Welcome to the forums at 420 Magazine. Your setup sounds great. In spite of your reading and statement - I would suspect overwatering and watering too frequently, don’t water them every time you check on them. Don’t water every day or every other day. Plus they only need about a teaspoon and nothing else for a day or two.

What I would recommend is that you start a grow journal so people can follow along. Heres a link to begin... How to make grow journal. Put all of your setup details in first paragraph and you are off to the races.

Yes daylight pics always please - we can’t see squat in blurple, it tells us nothing about your plant. Once you post new pics we can get a better idea of what’s going on. Drop a journal and stay a while!

My bad. Doing this on my phone, thought I posted this under the how to grow section.
You did, totally my bad, & I apologize. Apparently I'm on a roll this week.

Bob and 013 gave good advice. I think I'm gonna put the phone down for now :rofl: and just wish you the best of luck in your grow, you've got two great growers here

:passitleft:

Those lights are... er... not great. Especially for a space that large. You'll need to double your amount of light-energy. Not now, obviously, but it's something to start thinking about now. When you do, I suggest you try to get decent lights.

I think your soil you used has fertilizer in it if I'm not mistaken.. That can sometimes kill seedlings since they dont need any and their roots are still forming.

Fox Farm Light Warrior is a "seed-starting" product:

Fox Farm said:
Light Warrior® Seed Starter is designed to promote an environment beneficial to seed germination and root development. Light Warrior® Seed Starter includes soil microbes that can help enhance root efficiency and encourage nutrient uptake. We’ve also included earthworm castings, a gentle source of nutrition for seedlings and small plants. Use Light Warrior® Seed Starter for seed germination, cuttings and new plant starts for both indoor and outdoor cultivation.

Garden tip: Moisten Light Warrior® before you plant and allow it to drain. Never let indoor plants sit in water. Start feeding plants within five days of planting or germination.

Back
Top Bottom