New to indoor MJ cultivation.

medicalstash

G'day people I am new to 420 Mag and keen as mustard.

The set up -

I have a 2.5x2.5x5 ft lighthouse hydro grow tent
A Mars 2 700 w LED dual spectrum grow light
a 4" inline fine and a carbon filter to match
I also have a small clip on fan

The Strain -

I have a chosen a TGA strain called 'Vortex' (hopefully its a spin out.. ahaha..)
Though I am yet to chose whether to go hydro, organic soil or maybe organic hydro?
If hydro should i go ebb and flow or DWC?

I am planning on a SCROG grow eventually, though i don't know if i should to an untrained grow to find a nice pheno to keep for a mother plant from the five seed pack I have ordered from Attidude Seeds. Would this space be to tight for 5 plants to be dropped in?
I am a completely new to indoor growing and have limited experience with growing other than the few guerilla grows i have done over the years in the harsh Australian environment found here in Southern Queensland.
my grow is personal and purely for medical purposes. I suffer severe back pain as a result of an old injury and this shit generally does the trick.

I do have quiet the green thumb and believe am capable of doing well with what ever style of growing i choose.
I do believe organic is the way to go but I am kind of stumped on a recipe for growing medium and nutrients..
I have a seen a few on the web but I do not know what to choose. I like the look of Sub-cool's Super soil recipe though things like bat guano and azomite may be impossible to find in Australia.

Any help/advise will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Medstash

keen as mustard

Never heard that one before.... I may collect it up for later use.

So, you mention 2 different hydro methods.... might I suggest you check out hempy buckets. It's a drain to waste hydro system that's as easy as soil. So easy. I tried it a while back because I wanted the speed of hydro but I grow in a area that's way too warm for other hydro methods. I don't use soil anymore.

Cheers... and welcome to 420Mag!

Thanks for the exposure Tead! :)

As for my setup, I was planning on doing DWC or similar, as I already did a few soilless grows, and then I stumbled across Hempy, and I could not be happier! It is a super easy introduction to hydro. You can't overwater, you don't need to monitor/tweak pH daily (as you would with DWC and EBB), it's cheap, there are no moving parts, and you get a lot of the benefits of both hydro and soil.

It depends on how much time you have/want to put towards your grow, and what your conditions are. Hempy is kind of the lazy man's grow method, but there are also many benefits to DWC and ebb & flow.

I almost did the Subcool mix for my first grow too, but some of that stuff is hard to find, and the costs start adding up quickly!

Back
Top Bottom