New tent

I have just bought two of those 4*3 Homebox Grow tents which the company is so underrated I never see any in the growing community and they are much more speaking from the outside for a start not being black, their a stone/biscuit colour with bright white walls inside, I don't know the specific name of the material used on both sides but it's very thick compared to the past tents used, zips are perfect and much better being a lot more heavy duty (tested too while sitting inside and the room being full of daylight), they use 16mm tubing I think but yes I have tried hanging on them, I'm 12 or so stone and I could try bouncing and there's no movement or give everything is mega tight, airflow is great too with 2 6" intake events with removable vent covers, so you can allow air in but not win light.

Only downside is this tent only has one lower 6" port for electrics ect, so if you run pipes like I do it can get tricky as I don't like running pipes and cables together.

You pay the price for them, but I genuinely don't think you will find better quality and if tried 5 brands of tents, I'm looking at buying their 8*8 in summer and I can't wait!

has Anyone ever tried hanging from the roof bars like the guy in the photo?

When I put up my gorilla tent, me and the guy that helped me put it up hung from the cross bar at the same time. It held us.

So this is from their site, doesn't exactly tell you but some great features.

• High-tech German design and engineering
  • Rugged, plant-safe materials ensures long working life
  • Removable, water-resistant flooring
  • Solid base attached to the tent with a zip all the way around
  • Double side access
  • Inlet and outlet tubes:
    + 100 mm (4”): 1x right, 1x left, 1x Back
    + 160 mm (6.3”): 1x right, 2x left
    + 200 mm (8”): 1x Roof
  • 2 x 200mm (8”) OmniFlow-Airvents left and right side
  • 700-micron MicroMesh bug-screen
  • Tough canvas outer shell
  • PAR+ super reflective lining promotes faster growth and higher yields
  • Super strong 22mm diameter tent poles—stronger plastic corners
  • Once closed, unit is entirely sealed and virtually lightproof
  • Total-Blackout Zippers – no need for Velcro flaps
  • Maximum Capacity: 75 kg

Looks like there is just one sponsor that has tents and that’s gorilla

Check out out sponsor LED Grow Lights Depot. Erik is excellent, and I can't recommend them highly enough. Yes, they sell Gorilla tents. They will cost you a little more up front, but you will save that in the long run.

I, too, once thought I could cut corners and get a more budget friendly tent. I learned my lesson the hard way, let me say that up front.

I was setting it up, cruising along, had my filter hung up, the fan, then added my light (Growers Choice ROI-E680, also purchased from LED Grow Lights Depot after a semi lengthy discussion and assistance from Erik) to the tent. It was too much for the tent. It was holding, probably would have, but I didn't like the way it loaded the poles and looked like they were a bit stressed. I didn't want to take the chance, so I ponied up for the 4x4 Gorilla. It was a night and day difference in quality. I have no doubt that this tent will last me a long time, if proper care is taken. I didn't let the backup go to waste, but it's strictly and auto tent, as it has pin holes from the stitching all over. Even more than another 4x2 I had from the same company. Seems they had an issue around the time I got that one, and they were working to correct it with future products. I can probably grab some seam sealer (for camping tents) and be fine. Anyway, I digress.

So that little lesson cost me more in the long run, so money was spent that didn't need to be.

I watched LED Grow Lights Depot for a sale, and within a week had one on the way after a very nice discount. :)

I'v had a vivosun and a mars hydro tent.
Both disappoint after a year or so of use
stitching holding zippers fraying, lots of light leaks
When I buy another one, it'll be a gorilla.
They're way more expensive but they are built to last and no light leaks!

This is pretty spot on. The worst case scenario is you come out even after you buy 3 cheap tents that combined last as long (or less) than a gorilla. Not to mention you know your tent is going to be structurally sound, and the difference between 1680D and 600D fabric is significant. Much more sturdy, much stronger. It will last much longer than the thinner stuff.

When I put up my gorilla tent, me and the guy that helped me put it up hung from the cross bar at the same time. It held us.
Gorilla, yeah no doubt! That’s awesome! I wouldn’t even dare try that on my homemade flimsy tent. It would definitely fall down so far, it would turn it self in side out!

Back
Top Bottom