New grower - 4x8 tent lighting options?

Ta72

Hello 420mag community !!! I've been a lurker on here for quite sometime now and I really appreciate all that this community does! I'm getting into growing now and have enough experience to get started. My one main question is about lights. I'm going to be using a 4x8 tent. I want to be yielding around a pound. I'm really confused as to which direction to go in when it comes to lights. There's just too much out there lol and I don't know what to do. I don't want to go crazy and overspend if I don't have to. does anyone have any suggestions about going With HPS, LED or something else? Like if I go with HPS do I need a different bulb for blooming? Or do I just cut the light cycle down. How many lights would I need to cover that 4x8 area ? IF I go with LED my question is the same how many would I need at what wattage in order to cover that area ? And what are some pricing options here? Sorry if I asked a lot I really hope to get some feed back ! THank you again!

Hello 420mag community !!! I've been a lurker on here for quite sometime now and I really appreciate all that this community does! I'm getting into growing now and have enough experience to get started. My one main question is about lights. I'm going to be using a 4x8 tent. I want to be yielding around a pound. I'm really confused as to which direction to go in when it comes to lights. There's just too much out there lol and I don't know what to do. I don't want to go crazy and overspend if I don't have to. does anyone have any suggestions about going With HPS, LED or something else? Like if I go with HPS do I need a different bulb for blooming? Or do I just cut the light cycle down. How many lights would I need to cover that 4x8 area ? IF I go with LED my question is the same how many would I need at what wattage in order to cover that area ? And what are some pricing options here? Sorry if I asked a lot I really hope to get some feed back ! THank you again!

Actually it's probably gonna be a 4x4 tent so that changes up a lot I guess .

hello ta72

i run 2 600w hps in my 4x8 and pulled just over 2lbs in my last grow.

as for a 4x4 tent id run a 600w hps or if you have good extraction and cooling id run a 1000w hps light.

cfls are great for veg in my oppinion but if you want great yield then id run hps.

hope this helps you buddy.

hello ta72

i run 2 600w hps in my 4x8 and pulled just over 2lbs in my last grow.

as for a 4x4 tent id run a 600w hps or if you have good extraction and cooling id run a 1000w hps light.

cfls are great for veg in my oppinion but if you want great yield then id run hps.

hope this helps you buddy.

Thanks man !!

I'm on my first indoor grow, too. Atm, I'm Day 28 Veg, in a 4 x 4 tent. I bought 2 x 600W LED's for it but only paid ~$150 each. So using both has been good enough for Veg stage. But if you get a half decent one ($300ish each maybe) you'd only need one probably. I've got a flower tent ready (I'm setting up a perpetual grow) that is double the size and was told to get 3 or 4 600W HPS's by some experienced growers. If I wanted LED's for flower, I probably would need to spend $1,000 minimum, I reckon. Get quality panels.
More Watts = More buds apparently! Good-luck.

I'm on my first indoor grow, too. Atm, I'm Day 28 Veg, in a 4 x 4 tent. I bought 2 x 600W LED's for it but only paid ~$150 each. So using both has been good enough for Veg stage. But if you get a half decent one ($300ish each maybe) you'd only need one probably. I've got a flower tent ready (I'm setting up a perpetual grow) that is double the size and was told to get 3 or 4 600W HPS's by some experienced growers. If I wanted LED's for flower, I probably would need to spend $1,000 minimum, I reckon. Get quality panels.
More Watts = More buds apparently! Good-luck.
if you put 3 600w hps lights in a 4x8 tent make sure you have great ventilation and a great exhaust fan to keep your grow at 24-27c.

In a 4x4 you should run 600 watts HID. Metal Halide for veg and HPS for flower. You can pull a pound from 1 light and 1 plant in a 4x4 tent. 1000 watt is to much for a 4x4 even if you have good ventilation. There isn't enough height in the tent to keep the 1000 2 ft away from your canopy. Stay away from the low end LED's there just not going to compete with HID. Now if you have the money for quality LED than look at a spectrum King or a growmau5 setup.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom