Newbie needs help from experienced LED growers ASAP

I thought that may be a possibility too, hence thinking a second panel, and possibly a better one down the track, I've been having heating/cooling issues, which I'm struggling with, with just one 600 hps, is an old house, the interior walls are clad with asbestos sheeting, with a 14ft ceiling, and once the room heat passes 23° Celsius I can't control the heat in the tent.... So with a ventilation upgrade, I'll need hoping, I can run the 2x600 hps at 400w or less and have leds to supplement, then my grow area temperature will be under control but still getting as much light on the ladies!

at some point your gonna want to just pull the trigger and go all led. the power savings are great, but it's the increased control over environment that really makes it worthwhile. your heat issue would be a lot easier to control or non-existent. in my veg space i add heat in, if i ran hid i would be trying to pull loads out.

edit : not to mention there's a safety factor with most new led rigs that just doesn't come with hps. led is a lot easier on the wiring.

I'm currently building a greenhouse/workspace and planning on starting a small nursery, and plan on doing a lot of propagation indoors and under lights, so I'm definitely curious about led rigs, but the extremes between seasons dictate using hps for heat during winter spring and late autumn, that and I need to learn more about led lighting, so @bluter I'm going to be picking your brain over the next few months. Do you have RFI/EMF protection for your light set up? I've heard they can make a significant amount of noise?

Oh and also, with my little led, will it be ok to plug in with an adaptor to the timer with my 600w ballast? After a mistake the other day, one of my ladies is now either growing seed pods of banana balls out of some of the crown colas, so I'm wanting to separate it from my other girls, just incase it's herme, thanks again for the experience and knowledge:Namaste:

I'm currently building a greenhouse/workspace and planning on starting a small nursery, and plan on doing a lot of propagation indoors and under lights, so I'm definitely curious about led rigs, but the extremes between seasons dictate using hps for heat during winter spring and late autumn, that and I need to learn more about led lighting, so @bluter I'm going to be picking your brain over the next few months. Do you have RFI/EMF protection for your light set up? I've heard they can make a significant amount of noise?

are you under a stealth situation ? greenhouse suggests at least a partial outdoor which i don't generally recommend depending on circumstance. it's normally best to commit to either indoor or outdoor and plan accordingly.

doing both means you set up the same as if you were committed to each alone in the end. it can get pricey unless you are all in.

edit : led really has none of those issues.

Oh and also, with my little led, will it be ok to plug in with an adaptor to the timer with my 600w ballast? After a mistake the other day, one of my ladies is now either growing seed pods of banana balls out of some of the crown colas, so I'm wanting to separate it from my other girls, just incase it's herme, thanks again for the experience and knowledge

i would be hesitant to use it at all.

have a look at this shit :

6b985927-d03b-498a-a1d8-1c30baa8a593-jpeg.2390283

go page through this thread

add this while at it

don't screw around with shit led. use it carefully as a seedling light to try it but sleep with one eye open if you do.

i kinda got all i needed to know at mr wang.

to delve into led deeper go have a run through led gardener dot com. it's a good diy source. it's not a cannabis site. there are other sources as well. the best way to learn about kelvin etc is build your own rig. short of that study those who have.

edit : this is in no way meant to suggest prebuilts are crap. there are piles of rigs i could recommend through our sponsors. but there are tons of crap and outright dangerous rigs out there as well.

Thanks mate, the outdoor scenario and greenhouse is for vegetables, succulents, cacti, natives, flowers and the like. Was caught once before, and therefore once burnt, twice shy, so indoors is my only option for ladies for the meantime. I suppose I cross my fingers and keep a close eye on it, it's tasty greenery, I've grown and smoked it before, and I'm hoping it might turn out to be a good seed source, not pollen ball sacks!! Thanks for your input again mate, might see if I can return the light to Dr Wang, there's something loose and floating about making a rattle, so I might have good cause for refund:pthanks again man

might see if I can return the light to Dr Wang, there's something loose and floating about making a rattle, so I might have good cause for refund

it's mr wang

mr

wang

hard to see why it wasn't a smash hit in the first place. i'd roll with that title. gotta live up to it though ... :p

Back
Top Bottom