New to Growing

birdieman456

420 Member
I am looking to start my own grow. I am not sure if i should do Hydro setup or grow in Soil? Budget does not really affect anything. I would like to do Hydo but wondering if its easy to do for a new grower?

Birdieman

I think there is more room for error in soil. I think it takes much more knowledge to be successful with hydro. But since they both have different variables you will hear almost 50/50 in opinions. But a short conversation with a hydro grower and I’m perplexed. But that’s me. I use expensive soil, nutes based on a chart. I don’t ph before or after though I do monitor that it remains in ranges. But you have to water. Hydro I think is used by some that have grows they don’t visit daily. But again you can go on for hours about each. The choice is yours. Enjoy!

What type of soil are you using?
The main failing of soil is watering too often. Many new growers expect soil to be wetter than what is required.

When watered too often, your roots rot, then you are lost as to the problem the plant is having. Also watering too often leads to unwanted pests.

We just pick up our plants to know if they are light and need watering.

Hydro can have problems too, just different ones.

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

THE A+B ARE CANNA - H&G IS HOUSE AND GARDEN, THE REMAINING NUTRIENTS ARE ADVANCED NUTRIENTS AND CANNA.

ALL THESE ARE TO 1L.

week 1-2: (1.5ML A+B) (0.3ML H&G)

week 3: (2ML A+B) (0.3ML H&G)

STAGE 12/12

week 1-2: (2.5ML A+B) (0.3ML H&G)

week 3: (2.75ML A+B) (0.3ML H&G)

STAGE FLOWERING

Week 1: (3ML A+B) (0.3ML H&G) (1ML BUD CANDY) (1ML BUD FACTOR X)

WEEK 2-4: (3.2ML A+B) (0.3ML H&G) (2-3ML BOOST) (2ML B-52) (2.5ML CANNAZYM) (2ML BIG BUD) (2ML BUD CANDY) (1ML BUD FACTOR X)

WEEK 5: (3.2ML A+B) (3.5ML BOOST) (2ML B-52) (2.5ML CANNAZYM) (2ML OVERDRIVE) (2ML BUD CANDY) (0.75ML PK)(1ML BUD FACTOR X)

WEEK 6: (2.5ML A+B) (4ML BOOST) (2ML B-52) (2.5ML CANNAZYM) (2ML OVERDRIVE) (2ML BUD CANDY) (1.5ML PK)(1ML BUD FACTOR X)

WEEK 7-8: FLUSH WATER.

I went with a pre made super soil. It’s Coast of Maine Stonington blend. Give it a google I am in love. No fox Farms in my garden ever again.
Would you mind sharing why you like the Coast of Maine over the Fox Farms? I'm looking to get away from Fox Farms, thanks.

I went with it my first grow based on all I read about it. I will never ever look back. But that’s me.
I did NFTG, which is a pretty new product (the soil). It's working well, but I'm screwing it up.

Back
Top Bottom