New to LEDs

rolzee

Hi all. Im growing under 600w led's for first time in a grow tent in aus. My strain i have is feminised og kush, and i will be growing in soil. I also have auto flower blueberry. I will be planting outdoors as well. Any tips would be helpfull before i delve into site for more info. Im not new to growing herb,but not an expert in auto flower or under led's. Cheers all.

Hey Buddy.
First off what are the dimensions of the tent? And what kind of LED you using?
Because you get led's and you get LED'S.
I personally haven't had much luck with Led's. I use for veging and they lighter on power and do a good job. I just find you dont get the density with Led's as you do with HID lights. ( HPS & CMH)
As for the auto check up from supplier web site if it yields more indoors or outdoors, or maybe not meant for outdoors. I would not top or fim an auto as you will stunt the growth. Do some LST on it.
Good luck.

Hi rolzee, welcome to 420 family! :green_heart:For the 600w LED, may I know the true wattage? Please caculate that you will need around 35~50w/sft true wattage led grow lights to ensure good yields;
Second, if you grow under led grow lights, you will need less water, less nutrients, but MORE CAL AND MAG! This is important, many growers grow bad plants due to not put enough cal and mag in.
Third, as LED are not as heat as HPS, you will need to hang the lights lower:
- during seedling: 24~30''
- during veg: 18~24''
- during flowering: 12~18''
RH more than 50% during veg, and 40~50% during flower.
We also have many auto growers, and from what I know, the mostly used time schedule is 18/6 or 20/4 for auto plants.

Hope this helps a little. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom