Newbie - First Grow Looking For Advice

Your plant is very bushy, topping the plant early is better if you want to stretch out the potential of your plants yield. After 4 weeks in veg of 8/16 change over to 12/12

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you both for input. I think it was just sucking down water with the new light. It was very light and in a shorter amount of time than before. I will water more than before by going 1.5 gallons and keep an eye on it.

I am also going to move the light up as the manufacturer recommends 3.5 ft.

Thank you both for input. I think it was just sucking down water with the new light. It was very light and in a shorter amount of time than before. I will water more than before by going 1.5 gallons and keep an eye on it.

I am also going to move the light up as the manufacturer recommends 3.5 ft.

Looking good, an don't be scared to hurt the plant in veg. They tough an bounce back well, I've broken a few branches I just leave them alone for a few days an they usually heal up no problem. Topping early is a good idea followed by lst an u wana keep the tips about same height to u don't have 1 dominate top. The lst is new to me but these pics r 5weeks + an my first time. I usually just top an let grow. I will say it does slow the growth a lot imo. But worth it Iam hoping ;)
420-magazine-mobile1768199550.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1361787745.jpg
I tried the 400w hps but was to hit for my room so I gotta wait for my tent :)

Looking good, an don't be scared to hurt the plant in veg. They tough an bounce back well, I've broken a few branches I just leave them alone for a few days an they usually heal up no problem. Topping early is a good idea followed by lst an u wana keep the tips about same height to u don't have 1 dominate top. The lst is new to me but these pics r 5weeks + an my first time. I usually just top an let grow. I will say it does slow the growth a lot imo. But worth it Iam hoping ;)
420-magazine-mobile1768199550.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1361787745.jpg
I tried the 400w hps but was to hit for my room so I gotta wait for my tent :)

May I recommend a reflector also..it looks at the moment that all your light is being wasted on the sides of the walls instead of the plants.

:circle-of-love:

Thanks all. I really appreciate all of the feedback.

bckush,

I have the walls lined with aluminum foil. Is there a better reflector you could recommend? I plan to buy a Grow tent for my next grow but wanted to try it on the cheap the first go around.

Thanks!

Yeah Iam Gona try an find a 4" cool shade but not sure if the make em that small. If not I'll have to step it up to a 6"

Mylar blanket from Walmart or Canadian tire if u live in Canada is a good choice

Thanks all. I really appreciate all of the feedback.

bckush,

I have the walls lined with aluminum foil. Is there a better reflector you could recommend? I plan to buy a Grow tent for my next grow but wanted to try it on the cheap the first go around.

Thanks!

Yeah Iam Gona try an find a 4" cool shade but not sure if the make em that small. If not I'll have to step it up to a 6"

Mylar blanket from Walmart or Canadian tire if u live in Canada is a good choice

Mylar is a probably the best, I use reflectix from lowes or home depot...cost me $16 to do my entire cab. There is always plain white paint. the paint and aluminum foil are about the same reflective wise but the mylar and reflectix are about 95+% reflective. You can sometimes find mylar emergency blankets at wm or dollar store for cheap and they work great. I have seen a guy use around 10 windshield shades that he found for like a buck a piece....whatever you can do will only improve your grow.

I find alot of stuff stopping at commercial building remodels and checking there dumpsters and asking a few people. usually you can get stuff for free or find something that could work and modify if. Whatever works...you could hang foil above the light from one wall to the other to try to direct the light downwards some....anything to get as much light on the plant and not wasted will only help your yield.

:circle-of-love:

So, I purchased a Grow tent 56"x56"x80". It's definitely a huge improvement. I am still learning my way around LST. Hopefully, I'm doing more good than harm.

I am still very frustrated with the pH from my run-off. I fed the plant on Sunday with 7.2 water/FF nutes and the run-off was 6.65. I fed her 6.7 water/FF nutes today and the run-off was 5.9. I don't get it. Is there something I should be doing differently?

I was thinking of flipping to flower Sunday. Looking to yield 2-4 oz if possible. Does it seem ready or should I veg. a while longer?

Thanks for the advice!

Feeding 2/1 (week 8):

1 gallon tap water with FF nutes @ 6.7 pH.

3 tsps FF BIG Bloom
3 tsps FF Grow Big

Run-off 5.9 pH
Temp: 84 F
Humidity: 40%
Light: 1200w LED 18/6 Cycle @ 40" above plant.
420-magazine-mobile515511045.jpg
420-magazine-mobile822314172.jpg

So, I purchased a Grow tent 56"x56"x80". It's definitely a huge improvement. I am still learning my way around LST. Hopefully, I'm doing more good than harm.

I am still very frustrated with the pH from my run-off. I fed the plant on Sunday with 7.2 water/FF nutes and the run-off was 6.65. I fed her 6.7 water/FF nutes today and the run-off was 5.9. I don't get it. Is there something I should be doing differently?

I was thinking of flipping to flower Sunday. Looking to yield 2-4 oz if possible. Does it seem ready or should I veg. a while longer?

Thanks for the advice!

Feeding 2/1 (week 8):

1 gallon tap water with FF nutes @ 6.7 pH.

3 tsps FF BIG Bloom
3 tsps FF Grow Big

Run-off 5.9 pH
Temp: 84 F
Humidity: 40%
Light: 1200w LED 18/6 Cycle @ 40" above plant.
420-magazine-mobile515511045.jpg
420-magazine-mobile822314172.jpg

SHe is looking great...you might want to veg longer for 2-4 oz....I am as frustrated by ph as you....now If I get runoff between 5.8 and 6.4 I let it ride.

Hey gang! I've been working on my LST skills. She's been exploding with new growth from below the canopy. I also added another LED, so now I have one 1200 watt and one 300 watt at about 30" from the top.

Feedback welcomed. You've all been really helpful so far.
420-magazine-mobile1449072237.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1820884883.jpg
420-magazine-mobile230461010.jpg

Week 9 feeding:

1 gallon 6.95 pH water w/FF nutes

3 tsps FF Big Bloom
3 tsps FF Big Grow
.5 tsp Recharge

Run-off pH: 5.9

Temp: 82 deg F
Humidity: 52%

Lights: 1 x 1200 W LED and 1 x 300 W LED 30" from top of the plant

Tent: 56" x 56" x 80"

Plan to flip to flower next Sunday

Plant is 9" from the dirt.

420-magazine-mobile430722701.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1838048315.jpg

Week 9 feeding:

1 gallon 6.95 pH water w/FF nutes

3 tsps FF Big Bloom
3 tsps FF Big Grow
.5 tsp Recharge

Run-off pH: 5.9

Temp: 82 deg F
Humidity: 52%

Lights: 1 x 1200 W LED and 1 x 300 W LED 30" from top of the plant

Tent: 56" x 56" x 80"

Plan to flip to flower next Sunday

Plant is 9" from the dirt.

420-magazine-mobile430722701.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1838048315.jpg

Lookin great :thumb:

Thanks bckush! How long should I flower? I know it depends but I'd like to get at least a couple of ounces out of her.

Thanks bckush! How long should I flower? I know it depends but I'd like to get at least a couple of ounces out of her.

Looking good man!

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You will flower until she tells you thats she is ready..at least 10 weeks or more depending :thumb:

Just going to throw my 2 cents in. I don't see any need for your 300 watt led to be on. What size pot is she in? If your looking for 4 oz of bud I would not flip her until she is over 3 ft tall. My last grow with a 1k and a 600 watt led the plants did not stretch much maybe a foot. I was sweating it because they were just over 5 ft tall. I also used the fox farm trio but only fed them 1/2 strength and every other watering. Keep it up plant looks good

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom