Newbie - First Grow Looking For Advice

I have her in a 5 gallon pot. Should I upsize? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Actually, it's 3 gallon. Sorry.

If you are going to veg longer then I would look for some thing like a storage tub or around 7 gallon pot.....

This plant was vegging for about 8-9 weeks before I pulled her

20170115_220501_1_.jpg

Its in a 6.5 gallon file folder bin.

If you want a big yield then you need to uppot and veg for a while...continue lst and spreading her out.

:circle-of-love:

Should I use the same soil that I started with when I upsize my pot or do I need something with more nutrients at this stage? Any special steps to upsizing or just pull from one and put in the other with more soil?

Should I use the same soil that I started with when I upsize my pot or do I need something with more nutrients at this stage? Any special steps to upsizing or just pull from one and put in the other with more soil?

Your probably ok with the soil you have...just need to make sure to follow the feeding schedule on your nutes.

What I do when I transplant is take the new container and put soil in the bottom so that when you stick the current pot in it is level with the sides....then I fill all the way around the old pot and pack a little. Pull out the pot and you should have a perfect hole for your plant. Just carefully remove plant from old pot...trying not to destroy any roots if possible...and place in the hole...water in really good and add soil to the top if needed. That simple

Good luck :thumb:

If it were me I would probably try to find a 5-7 gallon pot....transplant...veg for a week....do a good defol and lst...continue spreading her out then veg 3 more weeks then flip...

That gives it a week to adjust to transplant....then a good defol...she will explode with new growth and continue lst until flip....she will stretch abit for a few weeks after flip....just keep spreading her out and letting the light in.

:thumb:

Do you think it's too late to SCroG and top? I've been reading up on it and it doesn't seem to difficult.

Do you think it's too late to SCroG and top? I've been reading up on it and it doesn't seem to difficult.

At this point I wouldn't top....but nothing says you can't. I have never done a scrog so I don't know...but I don't see why you couldn't.

:circle-of-love:

You got some good tips on transplanting already. No need to rush out and do it right away. You will notice that you need to water more often than normal then it's time for a bigger pot. Scrog is pretty cool and really helps support the buds. I'm sold on the idea. The only problem with it is: it makes it hard to flush. So if you do it make sure you have a way of catching the water. Something else you might want to think about before you flip her is to take some clones. Looks like you have room and an extra light.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks Moe! I was thinking about taking a few clones but didn't know how it would affect the plant. I will probably take two clones and see how it works out.

Any recommendations on cloning gel or powder?

I use powder, I know I will catch hell for saying the product name Miracle-Gro fast root. I got at Lows or home depo. I have had just as good of luck using nothing. I think people who say they get roots in a week are full of chit, it always take me three or four weeks. A humidity dome is the ticket and there cheap.

Honestly if you wanted clones, why not top her and use those as your clones. Scrog work extremely well for support, like Moe Ugly said and helps keep control of your canopy in flower. A mix of Lst, topping and Scroggins and you will have some amazing plants there. Plus topping can cause explosive growth.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

First Grow - need advice!!!
White Cookies
Day 5 of Veg. Topped once
Question: When should I start LST? Or should I?
4x4 1000w MH 24" away
Temp holds at 79
RH holds at 50%
20/4 schedule
420-magazine-mobile786762682.jpg
420-magazine-mobile604917003.jpg

420-magazine-mobile155202756.jpg

First Grow - need advice!!!
White Cookies
Day 5 of Veg. Topped once
Question: When should I start LST? Or should I?
4x4 1000w MH 24" away
Temp holds at 79
RH holds at 50%
20/4 schedule
420-magazine-mobile786762682.jpg
420-magazine-mobile604917003.jpg

420-magazine-mobile155202756.jpg

Start now

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Week 11 feeding:

6.8 water with FF nutes

Room temp 77

Humidity 54%

Light 1200w LED 24" from top of plant.

Continue to LST

Few changes last week:

Up potted from 3 to 7 gallon. The roots were definitely cramped.

Topped and defol

Added SCroG

Took some clones. 5 out of 8 look really good after a week in the humidity dome.
420-magazine-mobile503505807.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1455084513.jpg
420-magazine-mobile436075057.jpg
420-magazine-mobile856232385.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1640412768.jpg

The tops of the plant was starting to come through the screen but I pulled them down to widen her out.

I plan to flip her next Sunday once the new growth in the middle catches up to the outside that I pulled down today.

Thoughts?

Week 11 feeding:

6.8 water with FF nutes

Room temp 77

Humidity 54%

Light 1200w LED 24" from top of plant.

Continue to LST

Few changes last week:

Up potted from 3 to 7 gallon. The roots were definitely cramped.

Topped and defol

Added SCroG

Took some clones. 5 out of 8 look really good after a week in the humidity dome.
420-magazine-mobile503505807.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1455084513.jpg
420-magazine-mobile436075057.jpg
420-magazine-mobile856232385.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1640412768.jpg

The tops of the plant was starting to come through the screen but I pulled them down to widen her out.

I plan to flip her next Sunday once the new growth in the middle catches up to the outside that I pulled down today.

Thoughts?

Looking good man

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom