Newbie - First Grow Looking For Advice

5-6 ft maybe. Is that reasonable?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Are you still just running one light? If so and you do not add another one you may want to keep the plant a little shorter. A good rule of thumb to go by is 99% of plants will double if not triple in size during flower....flip when 2 feet tall...up to a 6 foot tall plant..etc

:circle-of-love:

Yes, just one 300W LED. I can add one for sure if it will help yield. Is it because of the width that I need another light?

One other question. During flowering stage does the room get messy? Do I need to cover the floors and walls?

I've not done this before so I don't know what to expect regarding pollen, resin, etc.

Thanks!

Yes, just one 300W LED. I can add one for sure if it will help yield. Is it because of the width that I need another light?

One other question. During flowering stage does the room get messy? Do I need to cover the floors and walls?

I've not done this before so I don't know what to expect regarding pollen, resin, etc.

Thanks!

A second lite would go along way for sure...but you may not need it right now. One thing I noticed is you haven't done any lst to your plant. Here is what I have noticed in my grow when you don't train..

This one had training...notice how many tops and bud sites

20170103_001520.jpg

this one not training yet...notice the lack of bud sites
20170103_234611.jpg

I decided that I need to start training the second one or yield would suffer.
20170115_220434.jpg

Point is I realized that by not doing some training that all my bud sites where at diff distance from lite which was going to give me one great top cola but much smaller everywhere else. You may want to spread her out a little before you switch to flower. I look at it like this...I want a plant that is 3 feet wide and 3 foot tall as oppose to a plant thats 5 foot tall and 2 foot wide. But with width comes the need for another lite if you grow 2-3 plants like that.

20170115_2158101.jpg

Wider is better.

As far as how messy does it get...not quite sure..first indoor grow. Maybe just lay some plastic under them or something just in case.

Thanks. The only lst that I've done is a 90 degree bend at the third node. All of the veg growth has been off of that bend. Should I try to spread it out more using lst?

Thanks. The only lst that I've done is a 90 degree bend at the third node. All of the veg growth has been off of that bend. Should I try to spread it out more using lst?

Absolutely lst...I ended up tying the top over on the one I didn't train....I will have to get a pic of it...starting to feel a little better about her yield.

Today is week 7 feeding. 1 Gallon 6.63 pH water.

3 tsps FF Big Bloom
3 tsps FF Grow Big
1/2 tsp Recharge

300W LED light 18/6 cycle
Temp: 76
Humidity:55%

Run-off pH: 6.08

More LST performed.

420-magazine-mobile1294065745.jpg
420-magazine-mobile891736546.jpg
420-magazine-mobile207038127.jpg
420-magazine-mobile692003730.jpg

My question is regarding pH. The last two weeks I have put water in at 6.8 and 6.63 pH respectively. My run-off last week was 6.34 but my run-off this week was only 6.08.

Why was the run-off lower this week when the water I put in was higher? What can I do to get the pH higher? I was hoping for at least 6.5 this week but it went the other way.

Thanks for the advice!

My question is regarding pH. The last two weeks I have put water in at 6.8 and 6.63 pH respectively. My run-off last week was 6.34 but my run-off this week was only 6.08.

Why was the run-off lower this week when the water I put in was higher? What can I do to get the pH higher? I was hoping for at least 6.5 this week but it went the other way.

Thanks for the advice!

You could up your intake ph to around 7.2 going in..would raise runoff ph to around 6.4....it's a big balancing act when grow in soil...anything between 6-6.8 is good though. Almost impossible to keep it perfectly steady when using nutes. Your doing fine.

How far away is you light from the plant?

May I recommend trying to spread to spread the plant out more and open the inside up a little. I new also but I found that it helps...example
20170119_230303.jpg

See how spread out she is...she is almost 2ftx2ft...nice flat canopy....just a thought

A little bud love for ya
20170119_230321.jpg

I think I'm gonna take a seat at this here table and follow along. I do agree with adding a second light. Other wise that plant looks real good, nice and healthy. Keep up with your Lst. Keeps a nice flat canopy and spreads the light more evenly to your little lady
Keep it up

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you both. I just bought a 1200W LED, I will have two light by Monday.

My current light is about 8" away right now. Is that okay? It's not burning the back of my hand.

I will do some more LST. I get nervous about breaking the plant since I don't have any experience.

Thank you both. I just bought a 1200W LED, I will have two light by Monday.

My current light is about 8" away right now. Is that okay? It's not burning the back of my hand.

I will do some more LST. I get nervous about breaking the plant since I don't have any experience.

8" might be to close...most people keep their leds about 12-16"...I say that because it looks to me like the light might be a little to close. Its not the heat, its the intensity of the leds.....The plants looks kinda...ummmm...scrunchy..does that make sense...usually when the light is too close.

With lst....Just be gentle...I broke a few branches when learning but a quick mend job and they were fine....just start slow....a little each day...pull a branch down a little at a time over a few days and they will be fine>

At this point just top n fim... still small let it get tall then lst..just make sure u do all the stressing during veg then transplant/ lollipop/super crop 2 weeks before u flip so there's no stress during flower so it can use all the energy for buds

Help!!! My plant is not doing well. I went in this morning to check on her and the breaker in the room had popped. It was 55 deg in the room and she looked shriveled up. The bottom leaves are dried out and crumbling.

I usually feed every Sunday but she felt very light and the moisture was on the low end. I did change to more powerful lighting so maybe that had something to do with it.

I was able to get the room temp back to 72 deg and fed her (see details below).

1 gallon of 7.2 pH water
3 tsps FF Grow Big
3 tsps FF Big Bloom
.5 tsps Recharge

Run off pH 6.65

Room temp 72 deg F
Humidity 33%
Light 1200w LED 26" from top of plant 18/6 cycle

Changes from week 6:

Changed from 300w LED at 16" to 1200w LED at 26"

Performed a good bit of LST over the past week.

Should I panic or can I bring her back? See pics

420-magazine-mobile1279288208.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1329569961.jpg
420-magazine-mobile989652907.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1746461586.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1554249827.jpg
420-magazine-mobile735381390.jpg
420-magazine-mobile871033252.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1236907371.jpg

Help!!! My plant is not doing well. I went in this morning to check on her and the breaker in the room had popped. It was 55 deg in the room and she looked shriveled up. The bottom leaves are dried out and crumbling.

I usually feed every Sunday but she felt very light and the moisture was on the low end. I did change to more powerful lighting so maybe that had something to do with it.

I was able to get the room temp back to 72 deg and fed her (see details below).

1 gallon of 7.2 pH water
3 tsps FF Grow Big
3 tsps FF Big Bloom
.5 tsps Recharge

Run off pH 6.65

Room temp 72 deg F
Humidity 33%
Light 1200w LED 26" from top of plant 18/6 cycle

Changes from week 6:

Changed from 300w LED at 16" to 1200w LED at 26"

Performed a good bit of LST over the past week.

Should I panic or can I bring her back? See pics

420-magazine-mobile1279288208.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1329569961.jpg
420-magazine-mobile989652907.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1746461586.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1554249827.jpg
420-magazine-mobile735381390.jpg
420-magazine-mobile871033252.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1236907371.jpg

My best guess is too much lite to quickly without the plants having time to adjust to the intensity of a lite source 4x as strong if not more. Can you reduce the output of the lite...raise it higher or go back to the smaller one for now.

Sorry but I have no experience with led...but looks like overlighting to me.

Best hope and success, I keep my leds 12-16 inches, and the hps is about 18 I think. Make sure to get plenty of water in there if it's feeling light. I almost killed 6 plants cause I was scared to over water. Do you have good air movement too?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom