Newbie here and newbie grower - I need help

Bushed

420 Member
I started with 6 plants of super skunk, 2 got destroyed by my dog, started 2 more. I searched til I felt like my brain was swelling about an issue that just started about 2 months ago.
I started them with diluted urine, yes it works. But as they got bigger I bought foxfarm Wholly mackerel, grow big, tiger bloom, general fert, and kelp me kelp you.
I stuck with half doses of grow big and regular fert while they were young, after pruned they got wholly, once flowering started I switched to tiger bloom half doses then next watering was grow big then tap water. Once #1 was budding I stuck with a mix of tiger bloom and grow big. All was good but my #1 plant and #7 are starting to show the same thing. The others are fine.
I thought it was bugs, I inspected every leaf, cleaned the tent, no bugs. So I thought it was from my hard water, started using distilled water, no difference.
#1 seems stunted but still budding, I'm guessing from the leaf problem, Sorry it's a bad pic on the leaves, it feels rough and tiny spots see pic. I'm concerned about the yellowing of the leaves and not growing any new ones.
Indoor blackout tent, outside when temps are good. 600w light, fan, dehumidifier and 12/12 cycle.
I didn't know where to post this so I'd love to hear any input. I will be watching and replying to any q&a.

20230717_151134.jpg

20230717_151240.jpg

20230717_161751.jpg

I started with 6 plants of super skunk, 2 got destroyed by my dog, started 2 more. I searched til I felt like my brain was swelling about an issue that just started about 2 months ago.
I started them with diluted urine, yes it works. But as they got bigger I bought foxfarm Wholly mackerel, grow big, tiger bloom, general fert, and kelp me kelp you.
I stuck with half doses of grow big and regular fert while they were young, after pruned they got wholly, once flowering started I switched to tiger bloom half doses then next watering was grow big then tap water. Once #1 was budding I stuck with a mix of tiger bloom and grow big. All was good but my #1 plant and #7 are starting to show the same thing. The others are fine.
I thought it was bugs, I inspected every leaf, cleaned the tent, no bugs. So I thought it was from my hard water, started using distilled water, no difference.
#1 seems stunted but still budding, I'm guessing from the leaf problem, Sorry it's a bad pic on the leaves, it feels rough and tiny spots see pic. I'm concerned about the yellowing of the leaves and not growing any new ones.
Indoor blackout tent, outside when temps are good. 600w light, fan, dehumidifier and 12/12 cycle.
I didn't know where to post this so I'd love to hear any input. I will be watching and replying to any q&a.

20230717_151134.jpg

20230717_151240.jpg
Sorry but I cannot read leaves for deficiencies, but I am sure someone will come by that can, so in the meantime look around and make yourself at home.:welcome:

That's what I thought too, I used a jewelers loupe, I repair pocket watches so it's fairly strong but no bugs, eggs or poop. Maybe something in the soil?
There is nothing in the root zone or nute deficiencies that causes spotting like that on the leaves
They are 100% bite scars

Wouldn't it be on all the plants? If not, I'm about to move those 2 outside permanently
At this point i would bet good money all your ladies have them if its the borg.
I will not battle them ever again the burn bin is were any lady/ladies i have end up if infected.
Good luck hope its not them. ;)

Reminds me of mite damage if im honest.
But if you have looked im lost dont now any bug who lives in soil that damagess leaves like that.
@Bill284 might have an idea ;)
Mites for sure.
SNS is a sponsor, they make a mite control spray .
1689627257212.png

Quick question if it is bugs will the buds keep growing? I think it might be too late to save #1 tho. I'm not sure
Its a great learning tool it happenss to most of us at some point the ladies/buds are not going to develop like they should.

It not treated proper your never control them and even if treated your still going to have webbing in the bud
and dead mites in there.PoP PoP goess the sound of burning mites.

Options wash your bud WELL. Maybe use the bud to make rso etc.

But if it was ME not saying its what everyone would do but again ME i would burn it all and start again.
DEEP clean everything keep your dog out the tent and try not to leave the tent open alot and dont
walk from outside right in your tent especially in summer months.

:thumb:

Its a great learning tool it happenss to most of us at some point the ladies/buds are not going to develop like they should.

It not treated proper your never control them and even if treated your still going to have webbing in the bud
and dead mites in there.PoP PoP goess the sound of burning mites.

Options wash your bud WELL. Maybe use the bud to make rso etc.

But if it was ME not saying its what everyone would do but again ME i would burn it all and start again.
DEEP clean everything keep your dog out the tent and try not to leave the tent open alot and dont
walk from outside right in your tent especially in summer months.

:thumb:
What's rso? Dogs don't go in the tent it was when I tried to get them used to the sunlight but my dog likes playing in dirt, she's an ahole sometimes. I'm never taking the plants outside again. But I did put down some DE till the spray that Bill suggested gets here. I'm gonna start a new batch this week ugh so much hard work and expense and bugs gotta ruin everything.

Well, just so you know, you can get bugs even if you don't put the plants outside. They can come in on your skin or clothing, or even just in the air or thru windows etc. The key is, keep your plant happy so they don't scream so loud where the bugs can hear them. (no, they don't 'actually' scream.... but they do put out chemical odors that lead bugs to them - it's the natural cycle of life in action, molds and bugs have a job to do on this planet.)

Back
Top Bottom