Newbie here: any input peeps?

OIFVET79

I only use organic soil and 315w CMH (28 inches from top of plants)...recently had a fan blowing between light and tops of plants...few feet away..dunno if that caused what I'm seeing or if my girls look fine???? Help?
Pics 1&2 are 30 day old and 3 through 6 are 44 day old. Seeing "clawing" and darker green leaves. No added nutes.

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    503.8 KB · Views: 93
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    731.9 KB · Views: 90
  • pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    839.9 KB · Views: 90
  • pic4.JPG
    pic4.JPG
    569.5 KB · Views: 89
  • pic5.JPG
    pic5.JPG
    935.4 KB · Views: 90
  • pic6.JPG
    pic6.JPG
    756.2 KB · Views: 87
  • pic7.JPG
    pic7.JPG
    526.3 KB · Views: 88
Looks like too much nitrogen.

Looks like too much nitrogen.
Thankyou for the feed back...Do you know, if that is the case, how that happened? I've never added anything except water to my soil, it's fox farm organic.
Are you referring to both my plants?
Cheers.

"Organic" doesn't automagically equate to "cannot possibly have a lot of nitrogen in it," lol. And if you're referring to Fox Farm's Ocean Forest soil product, that's one that has a reputation for being "hot." It's probably no big deal. They're not at the point of having burnt leaf tips, after all. Just don't plan on giving them any more nitrogen for a while. And probably not much (or even anything) else right away, either, as it has a lot of nutrients in it in general.

Welcome to the forum @OIFVET79 :welcome:

You're over watering them, if it was an N tox, they would be dark green and look like they have arthritis hook fingers, but yours are plump and heavy from too much water...let them dry out to the point of "almost" wilting before watering again :thumb:

"Organic" doesn't automagically equate to "cannot possibly have a lot of nitrogen in it," lol. And if you're referring to Fox Farm's Ocean Forest soil product, that's one that has a reputation for being "hot." It's probably no big deal. They're not at the point of having burnt leaf tips, after all. Just don't plan on giving them any more nitrogen for a while. And probably not much (or even anything) else right away, either, as it has a lot of nutrients in it in general.
Cheers bro.

Welcome to the forum @OIFVET79 :welcome:

You're over watering them, if it was an N tox, they would be dark green and look like they have arthritis hook fingers, but yours are plump and heavy from too much water...let them dry out to the point of "almost" wilting before watering again :thumb:
Thanks for your feed back!
They're in 3 gallon fabric pots, sitting on a rack that sits on a container so they can get airflow underneath...helpful?
So, wait till they're about wilted and then give the girls water correct?
Thanks again, love this forum and all the help :)

@OIFVET79 :welcome:
Nice plants, in my sig there is a link on how to water potted plants. Have a read what Emilya has to say. This will help you on how to water your girls.

@OIFVET79 :welcome:
Nice plants, in my sig there is a link on how to water potted plants. Have a read what Emilya has to say. This will help you on how to water your girls.
That's awesome, thank you. Is it weird, I was having bad dreams for a few days about my girls lol

That's awesome, thank you. Is it weird, I was having bad dreams for a few days about my girls lol
Now that you are here you can start dreaming how your harvest is going to be like. Consider creating a journal. This will help all other members to follow along and help you through the stages.
In my sig you can click on help full links for new members and in there you can find out how to create a journal.
Just make sure to add the link in your signature so that people can follow you.

:rofl: :rofl: Ahh...we all did at the beginning :thumb:

Thanks for your feed back!
They're in 3 gallon fabric pots, sitting on a rack that sits on a container so they can get airflow underneath...helpful?
So, wait till they're about wilted and then give the girls water correct?
Thanks again, love this forum and all the help :)
I only cool my roots in flower (to 68F), to bring out there colors, but won't hurt as long as you keep veg temps normal 72F to 80F :goodluck:
And as mentioned READ... The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant

:rofl: :rofl: Ahh...we all did at the beginning :thumb:

I only cool my roots in flower (to 68F), to bring out there colors, but won't hurt as long as you keep veg temps normal 72F to 80F :goodluck:
And as mentioned READ... The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant
Just finished reading and WOW...my poor girls...that's the how to water your plants bible!!

Hi OIFVET, WELCOME again I think. You have the watering info I use. It will improve your grow without a doubt! I see a little over watering too I believe. The watering concept of Emilyas is a real boon to growing cannabis.
My girls are looking very healthy and lush this morning...but look forward to utilizing this brilliant watering system, it makes too much sense not to use! Thanks for your feedback!

Back
Top Bottom