Newbie lookin advice or comments on my skunk

johnston420

Hi guys heres some pics of my skunk#1
just lookin to see wat ppl think i might get of her or any coments or advice

grew from seed .
Vegged for 20days under a 250w hps
then added a 600w hps for flowering
Now in the 5 week of flowering I have 5 plants 2 x skunk#1 2 x royal queen fruit spirit and one heaveyweight strawbery cheesecake
i feed them this sensi through vegg and now giving them the bloom
this one is in a 5ltr pot the rest are in 10ltr pots
all in normal compost from garden center
no co2 or temp control just a fan on them

just wondering wat i cud get per plant
i have took a good few fan leaves of them to let light get trough

first time cheap grow.Lol but lookin good i think.??

first ever grow

Skunk_1_week_5.jpg
Sk_1.jpg
Skunk_1_week_5.jpg
Skunk_18.jpg
Food3.jpg
Skunk_18.jpg
Skunk120.jpg
Bloom_food.jpg
Skunk120.jpg
Weed_pic_4.jpg
Weed_pic_to_upload.jpg

Re: newbie lookin advice or coments on my skunk.

Nice looking plants-congratulations!

Why did you start with HPS?
I thought that was more appropriate for flowering and a cool CFL or standard fluorescent was appropriate for the vegging.

Can't argue with results though...:goodjob:

its all i had lol used a75w hid and 250 for vegg
will they be resdy in 8 weeks from i fliped light or will they take bit longer.?

Im keen to knw if tbry ok were i have them in a open space not a tent or sealed unit like a closet
can i get good results in an open space.??
Weed_pic_to_upload.jpg

Im keen to knw if tbry ok were i have them in a open space not a tent or sealed unit like a closet
can i get good results in an open space.??
Weed_pic_to_upload.jpg

My comments ?

Well, your Skunk looks rather skunky !

Good job.

looks fine for first attempt. follow a few journals for tips for future grows. Hydro is the way mate, cheap and easy and more bang for ur buck! lol

I veg with 600w hps with no problems at all. I start my clones in an aerocloner and after 2 weeks when they are rooted like this

2012-11-06_16_30_59.jpg

They go under 600w hps bulbs.

Looking at that plant at top u be looking a little over an oz probably.

Looks purdy darn good to me Johnston.
like it a lot:)

well you asked, I hate to say this but I have been on this site for quite awhile. seen many pics of other folks grows good, bad and terrible.
rekon yours is purdy freakin nice brother:)

skunk #1 is a really fun plant to grow and really produces way beyond in s.o.g. or scrog. the reason i liked this strain was it put out a huge main colo[bud] and stayed really tight so for cubic foot per plant i was ablbe to put alot of plants close together in my space and got tons of killer big buds for it. to scrog it you have to train the crap out of it but sea of green saturated closely packed gets way better results with this strain.try packing them in closer and each bud from each plant grows bigger with this strain you can also cut your veg state time as well with this strain i flowered mine at 24 inches and reduced its strech with 3days dark to start the flowers and had 18 to 24 inch solid main buds per plant for an area cubic foot yield average of 2.4 oz dry weight manicured buds. it is one of the funist strains to grow and if ya know the dif stages of its high you can actually pic it at diferent times and get way dif results. just dont let this girl get too old inless growing seed. you will lose alot of the long high of. playing with this strain is so fun i recomend it for all first time growers as this plant can do alot of diferent things with diferent systems and harvest time. real good plant to learn from. my bluecronic[green crack lmao]is a true skunk #90% sativa/10%afgani crossed into a blue dream strain which is 90%sativa/10% hindu-indica.so i have used many of the diferent pure strains out there and skunk#1 is by far one of the most stable strains in the industry. it has been called many diferent things over the years and is not hard to cross your own skunk#1 strain from the pure breds. {the secret is out now lmfao}

you doing just fine. the best time to harvest this stuff depends on the high you like. for the uppity long lasting. pick when all the tricomes90% are milky to yellow. not dark amber. and this stuff will be 5 to 7 hr happy shit.less then 12% dark amber. the plant may not have full bracs or about 40% full bracs depends on temp and lighting of your space.harvest then and dont cut any leave off trim as they dry crumbly. this stuff will tastse alot better with long slow dry/cure method and be alot stonyer.
if ya like more couch lock effect pic when bud leaves are changing color and 70% tricomes are dark amber. it will put ya on the couch but the legs are shorter 1 to 2.5 hr high. play with it. this strain gives diferent highs at diferent stages . you can also clone up to 7 times off this strain with no loss of potency. and you can regen grow this strain for 3 to 4 harvests per plant. this is fun stuff.

Gairbud, I wish I had your expertise...

Just a new grower myself and half of what you said in your previous posts I only barely understand.

I've got to do the reading!:reading420magazine:

your doing good for first timers the bigest problem they have is over fertilization. if useing soil in big pots with store bought stuff good chances are you wont need to add anything for about 2 to 3 months. then use 1/2 of what they recomend. and add super thrive to your water. 6.0 ph is about perfect for good plants but they will do good at 5.5 to 8.0 but maintaining the ph or slowly steping it down or up over a few weeks is most important. ph is like the richter scale so going from 7.0 to 6.0 is ten times the diferance and can kill them. the best advice is to leave them alone for your first crop. just water and lighting. 18 hrs to 20 hrs for veg state and at about 18 to 14 inches sex will be visible and you an go to 12/12 lighting. dont worry about all the stuff out there about fertilization schedules ect a good 10-10-10 or 20-20-20 with super thrive will get you thru your first crop just fine. just watch them and take notes, let the plant teach you. and just post pics here at 420 and ask what do you think of this :) and people will respond to you. and the experts will see your problems. remember record[takes notes] on water, temp. and heights of lights and plants. also record your fertilizer use. dont even fertilize till your plants are tall about 2 to 4 feet. when in store bought soils. cheep ass mircle grow is really a top fertilizer. just use way less then they say to the stuff is strong and stop useing fertilizer 2 weeks before harvest. let the plants teach you. the best way to learn is read and ask and pretty much leave them alone. like all girls less gets ya more. lmao. hey any time i am online ill look for your posts but really the best way for newbies is dont fertilize dont over water and let the plants teach ya. in hydro systems it is best to start with soil as you learn then for extra study learn about hydro. 1 mistake in hydro can wipe ya out. soil way more forgiving and ou can flush soil out and add what ya need. you can transplant too. start with 1 gallons and progress up as your plants grow. it will show you alot on what the roots and air and alot of other things when ya start with small and transplant up. years of knowledge and experiance can be achived in just your first grow. and then stick with one strain till ya know it good before trying new ones. if ya can get 1 strain down pat all the dieferences of the others will be easy to pick up. REMEBER THE PLANT TEACHES YA. :)

Back
Top Bottom