Newbie needing some knowledge

rolledtorpedo

Hi guys. Iv got a heat issue with my grow its at 35°c and I need to bring it down. I'm looking at getting rid of my 600 hps to a led unit. Iv been looking at marshydro led systems and can't seem to put my finger on one. There is the Mars II range and the reflective range. Iv got a 1.2x1.2x2 meter tent. They say for ever squre feet you need 25 watts. So I calculated and got just over 15 ft², so (15x25=375) that 375watts. Am I right is saying that anything over 400watts should be sufficient for that tent with 6 plants?

Hi guys. Iv got a heat issue with my grow its at 35°c and I need to bring it down. I'm looking at getting rid of my 600 hps to a led unit. Iv been looking at marshydro led systems and can't seem to put my finger on one. There is the Mars II range and the reflective range. Iv got a 1.2x1.2x2 meter tent. They say for ever squre feet you need 25 watts. So I calculated and got just over 15 ft², so (15x25=375) that 375watts. Am I right is saying that anything over 400watts should be sufficient for that tent with 6 plants?

25w / sqft is probably a little low for best results. You want between 35-50w from the wall. I have a 10sqft tent with a Mars 900. That is 45w/sqft. That is my flower tent. My veg tent is the same size and has 2 mars 400s. that is about 36w / sqft. I would go minimum a Mars 900. You might be better with a 1200. :peace:

Thanks very much supergroomer!

I will look at getting a higher watt unit. There are some cheaper models on eBay but not sure about quality.

If you go through the Mars-Hydro website, you get 3 year warranty. Off ebay just 1 year. Also, if you use the promo code COfinest you will also get another 3% off (I think). If you can find the old style Mars 300 those are good. They are only available on ebay or Amazon because Mars-Hydro has discontinued them on the website since it costs more to make then they were selling for. Sara is their rep on the forums here. She is a great help. Here is the Mars-Hydro thread. Feel free to jump in and ask any questions. There are a great bunch of people willing to help. Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom