Newbie requests lighting help

ponyboy1973

Can anyone advise on my first indoor grow. Lights are in question. I have read and viewed others journals but am still unsure about the veg stage. I have a walk-in closet, money, smell, noise, nothing is a factor. I have 5 feminized seeds. Help me out with a lighting set up please.

Hi ponyboy1973, :welcome: to the 420Magazine forums.
You've read alot? Then you know it's all personal preference.
I started with regular florescent tubes, went to a Metal Halide bulb, then T5 HO bulbs, now CFL bulbs. what is best? They all work fine.
But T5s may do the best job. The key word is may.
Glad you joined us and hope you stay to fellowship with us at 420. :ganjamon:
Hope to see you in the forums. :surf:
:peace:

Can anyone advise on my first indoor grow. Lights are in question. I have read and viewed others journals but am still unsure about the veg stage. I have a walk-in closet, money, smell, noise, nothing is a factor. I have 5 feminized seeds. Help me out with a lighting set up please.
I use all sorts of lighting.. I have 3 1k HPSes but.....for the money,lack of heat and overall performance you cant beat a T5HO
these plants were all grown under 432w of T5. my SOG closet uses the same lamp.
007285.JPG

008273.JPG

008273.JPG

011209.JPG

010235.JPG

ya' know how once you try something, like it, and then never want to try anything else???

---Metal Halide for me.

of course the downfall can be the heat, but if money is no issue, heat isn't either. What are the closet dimensions??:welcome:

Thanks alot man, i thought one needed a lot more power than some flo tubes..still dont know what the hell to get to just grow with?? Ii will make a decision soon

Bubble man..i think you are right i was gonna run both a 600w hps and 600w mh to grow then just drop to hps only to flower.. Do you reccomend this?? Whats up with bubbles i heard soil isbest for beginners and flavor??? Let me know whats up.. up there looking down...scrubbin up some shit. Thanks...

Thanks for the info...if you can make a list of what i should get..i was thinking soil..i bought the indoor bible by george cervantes..its great but i still not sure ..im gonna use hps to flower..gonna buy a digital ballast..good one..what else do i need??

Bubble man..i think you are right i was gonna run both a 600w hps and 600w mh to grow then just drop to hps only to flower.. Do you reccomend this?? Whats up with bubbles i heard soil isbest for beginners and flavor??? Let me know whats up.. up there looking down...scrubbin up some shit. Thanks...

running both MH and HPS during veg is not a bad thing at all.... either will work. the problem that i have found trying to use both in a closet grow is lack of room for a light track and lack of room to move plants back and forth to receive each kind of light..... so what you end up with is basically half under MH the whole way, and half under HPS the whole way.... workable, but not ideal. i will probably get flamed for this, but i will only run both at the same time again if i can have them on a light track.... and i would have somewhere in the neighborhood of 75% MH and 25% HPS during veg and just the opposite during flower. if you can go MH alone the whole way through veg, and HPS alone through flower, i think you will see better results.

just my opinion......

as far as soil/bubbles....... thats on you. if you want to go with bubbles, myself, and a whole army will be in here to help you, and explain every little detail.

if you go with soil, you will still get all the help you need i am sure.... this is a pretty cool place.... i just don't know enough about it to feel confident giving advice.

Is that just one fixture??Can you order the t5 online safely??

1st Source Lighting

Is this the new shit??

yeah, just one 600w MH for veg, and one 600W HPS for flower. a switchable ballast is perfect. as far as T5 lighting goes.... i'm gonna wait for PitViper to chime in...... he will be much more prepared to talk T5's with ya'.

cfl light works great for my set up 3x3x5x8ft tall closet 315 watt cfl plus a couple of 3 way lights with 1750 lumenens total about 65000 lumenens only 3 plants 3 1/2 feet tall very healthy!!its all about lumenens and the kelvins!!

Back
Top Bottom