No Amber Trichomes

festus59

420 Member
Have grown several plants, but even if i let them go to the point where leaves are falling off still do not see hardly any amber , just milky ? Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong. 2'x4'x8' room . 2-Mars epistar pro II 800w lights , Flora grow nutrients.

When you say several plants, do you mean several strains? That could just be the nature of the strain you are growing, if it's been the same every time. If not you just need to push them longer and drop temps if you can in the last week. It will help to really make them think the end is near. Personally tho, if you have close to 100% milky with no amber that's my sweet spot as I like a heady high. I've never seen it tho, I always get about 10% clear 80% cloudy 10% amber when I chop.

Have grown several plants, but even if i let them go to the point where leaves are falling off still do not see hardly any amber , just milky ? Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong. 2'x4'x8' room . 2-Mars epistar pro II 800w lights , Flora grow nutrients.
it could be the lights and that's just a theory and I bring it up because when I used blurple leds mine would never go amber either ..it was almost like they stalled . so you might want to check / make a post asking people that use your model if they are seeing the same thing .

Some strains won't fully go amber. It just depends really. Id cut if its to that point. Milky is fine. good luck with your harvest

My last grow. Cali OG Kush was grown under blurple lights. I got to about 5% amber and then it just stalled. 2 more weeks went by and no more amber. I was highly concerned. But after chop and a few weeks drying/curing, it’s amazing. And I worried for nothing.

If the plants stopped swelling. And it’s slowed down on drinking. Or most of its original pistils have gone amber. These are things helpful in deciding to chop. Trichomes are just usually the best way to make sure.

Secondary things, like burst of new pistils, or late nanners also point towards her being done!

Back
Top Bottom