Noob in need of help ha

Sleven

Hi peeps new to this so if this is in the wrong place in sorry

Basically after topping this plant a few days a go it started to droop, part of the plant has recovered to a degree but with yellow patches just wondering if anyone can advise me on this ph is at 5.8-6.0 and I'm using Dutch pro neuts it's in a 21 litre oxy pot thing thank you
image20718.jpg

Topping CAN, in some cases cause a little shock to a plant, and some wilting/droop, but I've never heard of topping causing a discoloration in leaves.

First thing I would do is verify proper calibration of my meter.

If you don't have calibration solution on hand, you can use distilled white vinegar, and it will measure 2.4. I don't have a manufacturer in mind, but I have read the makers of soft drinks - pepsi, coke, etc.. all keep strict PH levels in your products, and that can help get you by in a pinch for testing the high end, you'll just need to locate the PH of the soft drink, listed online somewhere to compare.

Next, verify proper PH, in hydro I suggest staying dead on 5.8 as much as possible. Drift too high above 5.8 and your plants can't absorb K, Ca, Mn, Fe, and B. Drift too low, and you'll lock out P, and Mg.

pH_chart712.jpg

My first guess is possibly a PH problem. I've seen pictures of PH spotting, wilting can be caused by PH problems, and your leaves look a little twisty in the picture.

How are you providing oxygen to the roots?

What is the ppm level of nutes that you're using?

Hi unfortunately I don't have a ppm meter but I'm following the advice on the bottle and going mid range as it says between 250ml and 350ml per 100l so I have been using 300ml per 100l ph fluctuates over night so I change it back as soon as possible ... Air is provided by a air pump which is bigger than the one the pot came with now.. And thank you for the diagram

What is the wattage of light?

In DWC the pH can drift from 5.7 - 6.2 and you will be fine, I try to keep it constant at the root zone of 5.8 if at all possible since that is where the nutrient elements will be most available.

Hi unfortunately I don't have a ppm meter but I'm following the advice on the bottle and going mid range as it says between 250ml and 350ml per 100l so I have been using 300ml per 100l ph fluctuates over night so I change it back as soon as possible ... Air is provided by a air pump which is bigger than the one the pot came with now.. And thank you for the diagram

100l = 25 gallons and 300/25 = 12ml/gallon. That is middle of the road for the directions, just remember the bottle directions are for perfect conditions and are usually maximum strength. for an example, I use AN nutes and they state 16ml/gallon, I have never used more than 8-10ml/gallon. Always start low and slowly work your way up.

600w and Ye it normally shifts from 5.8-6.0 there is another 600w in there but it's currently off at the min there in one side of a 2m x 1.2m

600w about 24" away is good....if it drifts from 5.8 -6.0 not a big deal....if it goes below 5.6 or above 6.3 adjust.

Keeping water temp @ 68f-72f with plenty of air stone/bubbler oxygenated water is ideal as well.

Back
Top Bottom