not sure why it happens, but it happens everytime. hydro help

sir blackalot

i seem to have problems every time i flower. currently i'm running 2-400w hps in a 5x5 room, 2x4 ebb & flow table, in rockwool. i do well in my veg but everytime i flower, about two weeks in i start showing multiple deficencies on different plants. my room usually gets about 75 degrees with 50% humidity. there have been times where the weather was too warm and my room would get to be about 85 before i can get to it. i'm using advanced nutrients sensi a&b veg and flower nutrients. i start veg at 600 ppm and increase every week by 200 till i max at 1400 or higher if the plant needs it. once i go into flower i drop back down to 600 ppm using the flower nutes using the same method as veg till flower is done or the crops just die because of the severity of deficencies. i didn't realize to try and flush with a mild nute solution around two week intervals till i was told the other day by a friend. could the flushing take care of all my problems or is there still more by the description i've given and i can't figure it out? right now i just started up again after a few months of not growing and i started flower two days ago. i've recently added carbo load to the regime so i hope it helps some. once again any help is appreciated

this is just my opinion i am sure others will have some input as well. if u start out in veg with 600 ppm and work u're way up to 1400 ppm at the end of veg. and drop back down to 600 ppm for the start of flower and start to have def. if u finished the veg at 1400 ppm i would start the flower off at about 1000-1100 ppm. as the plants get bigger they need more nutes. and dropping back to 600 for flower u just cut their food to less then half of what they had been getting that might be the problem. also do u use any think to help with any def. like cal-max or cal-mag or any thing like that if not it might help also

as mini flushes every 2 weeks. that i'm sot to sure of. how often do u change out u're res? i know in soil u flush after veg to get the salts and nutes that have built up out of the soil and then the final flush for better tastie buds in the end. in hydro. i know my cousin likes hydro he only flushs at the end of flower.

how many times does your water cycle?
Are you using the FULL LINE of AN?
what are your Def's?
If you are having a mag problem(spoting leaves) use extra part be has a bunch of good stuff or mag def
if you have a cal def let your ph rise to 6.6 then adjust to whatever when you flush let it sit at 6,3 for a half a day.

zierf-i jumped up my ppm's to 1000 now and going to run that for a week or two
roseman-sorry, i forgot about that. i run my temp at about 65-70 and ph at a religous 5.9
poke smot- i water twice a day. the only nutes i'm doing right now are the a+b and carbo load.
i change my res water every week. thanks yall. i'm going to start a journal and try to keep everyone posted and going to try to post some pics.

I say the ph because there are nutes that are not able to be taken up at 5.9 like MG will only uptake above I think 6.2or 6.3and above to like 8 or 9. carboload in hydro wont do much without trantula and pirhana. those are nessisities(sorry i can;t spell good) SENSIZYME will help to so will b-52 you neeed more or there line.

how many times does your water cycle?
Are you using the FULL LINE of AN?
what are your Def's?
If you are having a mag problem(spoting leaves) use extra part be has a bunch of good stuff or mag def
if you have a cal def let your ph rise to 6.6 then adjust to whatever when you flush let it sit at 6,3 for a half a day.

when you say "full line of AN" do you mean everything AN has to offer or a certain product line? btw, i'm running my ph now at 6.2 and have noticed a difference in this round versus my last round

yeah if you finish flower at 1400 you should then start transition to flower with 1430 and then when they are flowering 1450. Then when you are ripening you drop to 1100, when you are flushing and the plant is dying time you run 300-600ppm.

dropping to 600 is obviously the mistake you make every time. you can't just do that and expect them to not get deficiencies.

regardless of pH, water quality, strain, medium, and method, you can't just reduce their nutrients by a factor of over 1/2 for 2 weeks and expect them to be o.k. just imagine if you suddenly ate less than 1/2 of every meal and no more every day you'd probably be tired all the time.

yeah if you finish flower at 1400 you should then start transition to flower with 1430 and then when they are flowering 1450. Then when you are ripening you drop to 1100, when you are flushing and the plant is dying time you run 300-600ppm.

dropping to 600 is obviously the mistake you make every time. you can't just do that and expect them to not get deficiencies.

that's what a couple people have said. another person tellin me that is just confirming it. thanks yo

Back
Top Bottom