NRA falling in line with Feds over gun ownership and MMJ

animal1x

Just called the NRA/ILA to find out what their stance was on the Sept 19 letter to the FFL holders. Talked with a lady that assured me the NRA is taking a quote "hands-off approach" end quote to this as it is a "non-issue" to them. As far as they are concerned...controllled substance...blah, blah, blah...

"If you want to get it voted on to change from controlled substance...blah, blah, blah..."

She would not come off the "marijuana is a drug", "it's a controlled substance" bullshit, but you know what? The shamless bastards have no problem calling me once or twice a month at least and asking for more money for this cause or that cause.

Whenever a state has a victory for gun ownership or right to carry or what have you, they sure are ready to take the credit for it, but oh no not this issue.

In other words they are not going to do anything about it, we are on our own, they con't care about us.

Guess what organization I will not be renewing membership in.

If you would like to call them and find out for yourself and hear first hand what they have to say, their contact number is here:

1-800-392-8683

I don't think you can blame the NRA for not wanting to take a stand on that issue at this particular time. They have their hands full already and can't afford to go down that road right now.

If you really are an NRA member I believe you would be foolish to drop your support for them now, they fought tooth and nail to keep the feds from preventing veterans coming back from fighting for us with PTSD from ever owning guns, Trust me, they will come around as the laws change, they just have to pick their battles.

:Namaste:

...If you really are an NRA member...

I really do not want to admit to owning firearms(in all practicality, why would a non-firearm owner be a member of the NRA) on a public cannabis forum with the state I live in(Michigan) being the only MM State whose Governer has handed over confidential information to the Feds about MMJ card holders. But let me put it this way, I did not call the NRA just to be a troll or a pain in their ass.

I believe you would be foolish to drop your support for them now,

There are other pro-firearm pro-2nd amendment groups out there that would be more than happy to take my membership money. National Shooting Sports Foundation is one. I'll either find one that has a political stance that I like and join, or I won't, but it will be a long time before the NRA will get any consideration from me.

Trust me, they will come around as the laws change, they just have to pick their battles.

What do we need their support for after the laws are changed? We need a little help now, not after the battle is over. A lot of good support after the fact is going to do when the Feds break down the doors of a patient who also happens to like to hunt, find that 30/30 that their father or grandfather left to them, and then charge them with committing a felony while being in possession of a firearm.

On top of that, even though this has nothing to do with firearm ownership, the Fed have no business meddling in state health care laws.

10th Amendment states:

" The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. "

South Carolina v. Baker, 485 U.S. 505, 511 n.5 (1988). Thus, "the Tenth Amendment confirms that the power of the Federal Government is subject to limits that may, in a given instance, reserve power to the States." New York v. United States, 505 U.S. 144, 157 (1992).*

*copy and paste from the "Lectric Law Library"

I may be showing my ass with these posts, but I get mighty damn mad about some of this while my government tries to run roughshod over sick and dying people.

"The right to bare arms" was written into our original constitution and should not even be up for discussion as well as "the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" in which our passion for cannabis falls under and has been violated for our entire life time.

If we keep allowing these bureaucratic SOB's to violate the foundation of this country then we might as well wad up our US constitution and use it for toilet paper.

It seems to me that every time any diverse groups constitutional rights are violated, people come out of the woodwork to fight tooth and nail to make sure the government knows they can not single out any minority group by the protection's written into our constitution.

The diverse group that we happen to fall under seems to me to be one of the most oppressed of all, because we, as a whole, are so unwilling to take a stand and fight for our right to the pursuit of happiness promised to us by our founding fathers.

Yes, their are a few states who have won the battle for mmj but what about our country as a whole? Should this constitutional violation not be fought on a federal level? After all, is the DEA not a federally funded organization?

If we just wait for state to state mmj cases to be won or lost, we may not ever see canna legalized on a federal level, at least not in our lifetime.

Personally, I don't think the NRA is the place to look for help where mmj is concerned as they have their hands full enough trying to make sure we have the means to keep our families safe in our own homes. It's like this, if guns were made illegal to own by common folk's, the only people who would still own guns would be the very people who would use them to commit violent crimes in the first place. Our guns give us a level playing field against violent people who mean us harm.

With all due respect, we need to remember that our passion on this site is to fight to repeal unjust canna laws and what ever stance we take on other political issues should be argued else where.

You are right. In the state of michigan you can choose one or the other; treat your illness with marijuana or bare arms. Snyder and Schutte have effectively disarmed all of the marijuana users of this state making them vulnerable to those who would rob their grows.

RECALL SCHUTTE AND SNYDER! They are filthy scum who do not work for the people!

Back
Top Bottom