Nute brands - Any useful input welcome

josh223

So I have 3 1/2 successful indoor, passive hydo grows under my belt since popping the first beans in early last December. My past experience was outdoor organic.

I found this site and did nothing but read for months, before even making a profile. So, I feel that I have a fair comprehension of all the cause and effect situations for my specific situation. Yeah, mother nature throws curve balls. Adjust and move forward.

This is my situation. From the get go I used one nutrient line. I'm not going to mention the company name. Those in the know already know. Anyways, it's looking like I may have to find a new line of nutrients. I don't want to switch. Not at all.

At any rate, what I love about my current brand is that there is no guessing with ratios. Everything is printed out plain as day. I've never had Nute burn, except when my back was jacked and my girl mixed. I think she didn't PH. Never had any deficiencies either.

But, for example, on this very forum there are at least three stickies with three different ratios for the same nutrient line up. A good friend of mine is a licensed 'care giver'. Him and his wife grow for themselves and 60 other patients. He uses that same brand. I swear, his table has about 40 different bottles of products.

My current brand uses 7 different liquids in vastly quantities in early, mid, and late flower. I also use the same company's Mycorrhizae and PH Down.

So, if I have to switch to another brand, I would like some input. I can do my own research and will anyways. If anyone could give my a manufacturer's name, if there's a signature link to your journal so I can see and read with my own eyes, yeah-that be it. But any pertinent or useful information is welcomed.

:Namaste:

Re: Nute brands. Any useful input welcome.

I used the Advanced Nutrient line 3 times now and have had great results, no journal but these nutes work great. I use much less than their nutrient calculator recommends and have found less is more. I also seen the first time I went the full strength during flowering and got terrible nute burn on leaf tips and edges. Example of how I mix, they recommend 28ozs of the connoissuer A & B per 55 gal drum, using the grand master schedule.

I only use 16 ozs with no nute burn or lots of sediment at the bottom of the drum and excellent results and also save a little money on these high dollar nutes.

General Hydroponics 3-part is very similar to what you have been using.

If you're interested in venturing to another line, I would say give Botanicare KIND a try.

It's their newest base nutrient which is essentially a combination of their CNS217 and Pure Blend Pro. I've been hearing great things about it and it seems like a very solid line-up based on the ingredients.

We offer it here, if you're interested: Botanicare KIND 3-Part Quarts

General Hydroponics 3-part is very similar to what you have been using.

If you're interested in venturing to another line, I would say give Botanicare KIND a try.

It's their newest base nutrient which is essentially a combination of their CNS217 and Pure Blend Pro. I've been hearing great things about it and it seems like a very solid line-up based on the ingredients.

We offer it here, if you're interested: Botanicare KIND 3-Part Quarts

I will read about them and see the make-up. Thanks a bunch.

You might want to give Cyco Nutrients a try.

They have a two part system and a starter kit to get you going.

I have been testing them for over a month now and I am fairly happy.

I run 75% Perlite, 25% Vermiculite. I don't know it all and am the first to admit that. I thought I heard a few times that organic does best in a soil type media. I'm running Hempy Pots and let the containers almost fully dry between waterings.

I've considered switching to my current brand's organic line up. I'm just not sure if I'd be benefiting over all with a better tasting product or see diminished yields. I'm currently flowering three new to me strains. I can't afford to mess around with this current grow.

I've been testing out advanced's jungle juice line. It's suppose to be comperable to gh's most common line, better if u ask Advanced. I just harvested my first grow with the jungle line. The yield was ok, the quality of the bud is phenomenal. The taste and smell is great. I was able to smoke some as soon as it dried. It tasted nice without curing it what so ever. It doesn't taste green or harsh or bitter. I'm really pleased with the end product. The buds were nice and tight. I do recommend mixing it a little weak. If u have an ec/ppm meter then go with what u know but if not mix it weak. I called and got their mixing schedule from their tech support and using their numbers it always comes up hot, way hot! Perhaps my truncheon is off a bit but I mix it weak cause I have had some burn using it. Also, I did not use any supplemental nuts. No bloom enhancer or b1 supplement or foliar sprays. I wanted to see how it worked on its on. Any good nute should grow a nice harvest all by itself. Most agricultural produce hydro farms use gh and they use just the 3 part mix and add supplements only as needed to prevent of fix a problem. I was very pleased with jungle juice, especially for the money. I will use it again. Honestly the price can not be beat. Less than $30 for a liter of each delivered. I mean shit, that's giving it away. I was honestly skeptical because of the price but I purchased it cause I had little fundage to play with so for me the price point was the deciding factor. Anyone can afford to grow and experiment at that price. Hell you can afford to fail too without having invested much money. It cost me less than $50 to build my 5 pot drip system (not including the pump, net pots, or hydroton) and $30 for nuts. That's not much investment therefore making hydro a viable option for new growers.

I had been using AN Master grow,
Connoisseur A&B,
Bud igniter
Rhino skin,
Bud Factor X
Overdrive

This time I am using the same base nutes, Liquid Karma (LK, first time) and the overdrive. I talked to the Blue Planet Nutrient guy and I can buy basically the same things for $125.00 or so. I pay that for 1 gallon of the Bud Factor X. The last grow was chemdawg and the AN line towards the middle burned my leaf tips and edges, all was good till then. I also go by this, Less is More and stopped following the AN recommended volumes and it worked well. However, the smell was almost non existent, taste was bland but was extremely powerful and smooth.

I think the nutes might have mad the taste less desirable. I am aware of drying and curing too. This stuff has been jarred for 3 months and still very little bag smell. I will check this grow how the liquid karma works and for sure going to give the Blue Planet Nutes a shot next time.

Back
Top Bottom