Nute burn or diffecency?

nullerror

First off, im about 50 days into flowering. It's a bag seed grow.

Six or seven days ago i noticed that my upper fan leaves had a paper like consistency, they felt dry and paperish. I assumed it was a deficiency so I added a bit more Blood meal, Bone meal, Kelp meal and Lime to the top (about 2 teaspoons of each) and watered well. It's important to note that the bottom leaves are really healthy looking

About four days ago dead spots started to appear on the leaves, i eventually thought it was a manganese deficiency and determined that my PH was out of wack. Two days ago I flushed really well untill the run off read 6.4 for PH.

However, now it seems the issue is still getting worse, I am using promix (slight bit of coco added in) for my medium and my primary nutes are osmocote plus. Please take a look at the pictures below and help me fix her :D

I flushed almost 4 days ago and the issue is still getting worse. Should i flush again?

HQ pics

WJLtq.jpg

maxCC.jpg

BsbfM.jpg

PVr6m.jpg

Re: Help me determine this deficency!

You over feed it nutes, its called "Nute Burn" They best thing to do is flush your flower pot out with twice as much water as your medium. If you have a 5 gallon pot then flush with 10 gallons of water. Next time if you think you have a deficiency just dont rush to give it a fix. Really do your home work and narrow it down to the best decision. Cause when you just feed it not knowing what the problem really is your just making it worse. And if you added all of that at once, you shouldnt do that. Thats over fertilizing. Flush and repeat, then regular water in a couple days to a week then start with half ferts. Hope your able to save your buds :geek:

And osmocote plus alone is enough to feed for a while. Next time to fix a nute problem also try foilier feeding. Get a good NPK pack and use 5 drops in a quart of water and then mist it over your plants it will do the trick until you find out real problem :thumb:

You over feed it nutes, its called "Nute Burn" They best thing to do is flush your flower pot out with twice as much water as your medium. If you have a 5 gallon pot then flush with 10 gallons of water. Next time if you think you have a deficiency just dont rush to give it a fix. Really do your home work and narrow it down to the best decision. Cause when you just feed it not knowing what the problem really is your just making it worse. And if you added all of that at once, you shouldnt do that. Thats over fertilizing. Flush and repeat, then regular water in a couple days to a week then start with half ferts. Hope your able to save your buds :geek:

And osmocote plus alone is enough to feed for a while. Next time to fix a nute problem also try foilier feeding. Get a good NPK pack and use 5 drops in a quart of water and then mist it over your plants it will do the trick until you find out real problem :thumb:

Thanks for the info i assumed it was a deficiency because i was told that on another forum.

And what do you mean by NPK pack? Just a general fert?

Yea, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium.
Any line up of the Grows (floranova, fox farm, ect.) and Miracle grow 20-20-20 will do. I recommend just foilor feeding with a 20-20-20 All Purpose. Now if its a calcium or magnesium you will need CaMg+. Theres a forum on here that lets you know what each deficiency looks like and how to aid it. You should print it out and then keep it in your grow area. Just research and google whats happening to your plant before you make the wrong moves. Some times it might take a couple hours before you really figure out which def is which because some of them react the same. And also a good pointer, never feed ferts back to back. Water regular between each fert feed. I dont know if you knew that already so just reminding. Just a good flush will do the trick, never rush to feed ferts. OH and when you flush make sure your water PH is inbetween 5.5 -7.0 :thumb:

Read this forum about deficiencies Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Well your plants look super green and healthy overall. I think you just need to give it a few days to see the effects of your last move. You are so far into flower now you won't really see a recovery in the old fan leaves but your buds should do the talkin from here on out. I just harvested a plant with the regular osmocote in it. I ended up giving it a mild feeding of grow big right before it started to bloom and then gave it a mild dose of tiger bloom at about the 3rd week of flower. It did not seem to have the strength on its own to really get things moving. I also gave it some compost teas and minerals to help with the micro def's. It turned out nice! Don't get me wrong I have seen grows with great results from oc +. Check out a really great grower on here OLD MED MAN he has mastered the Oc+ and grows some A grade buds and is super nice and would more than likely help you better than I can.:peace:

What's your PPM - in & out?

Are you calibrating your pH & TDS/PPM meters?

Yea, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium. Any line up of the Grows (floranova, fox farm, ect.) and Miracle grow 20-20-20 will do. I recommend just foilor feeding with a 20-20-20 All Purpose. Now if its a calcium or magnesium you will need CaMg+. Theres a forum on here that lets you know what each deficiency looks like and how to aid it. You should print it out and then keep it in your grow area. Just research and google whats happening to your plant before you make the wrong moves. Some times it might take a couple hours before you really figure out which def is which because some of them react the same. And also a good pointer, never feed ferts back to back. Water regular between each fert feed. I dont know if you knew that already so just reminding. Just a good flush will do the trick, never rush to feed ferts. OH and when you flush make sure your water PH is inbetween 5.5 -7.0 :thumb:

Read this forum about deficiencies

I was actually looking for an all purpose fert at the hydro store the other day for my peppers and the guy recommended the FoxFarms trio for start to finish.

Should I get the fox farms trio for the Foliar feeding? Or should I order the 20-20-20 MG from amazon?

And thanks, I actually did spend hours researching the issue and in the act somehow ended up convincing it was a difference and not an abundance of nutes.

I was actually looking for an all purpose fert at the hydro store the other day for my peppers and the guy recommended the FoxFarms trio for start to finish.

Should I get the fox farms trio for the Foliar feeding? Or should I order the 20-20-20 MG from amazon?

And thanks, I actually did spend hours researching the issue and in the act somehow ended up convincing it was a difference and not an abundance of nutes.

Cut the dead leaves off also, thats your next best move. Honestly I would get all 4. 20-20-20 ive seen better results and faster. Its made more for regular watering and foliar feeding. Fox Farms is good. But Like I said you dont want to add all of them in a bottle at one time. Im not trying to confuse you. FF trio will get you threw Veg to Flowering and its a great product to use. I only recommend using 20-20-20 because if you really cant identify the problem, then 20-20-20 is a good even NPK pack to use.

OK! Say you have a nitrogen problem, 20-20-20 or Fox Farms Grow Big will fix that right up. There both fast acting. Use 1/4 tsp FF Grow Big per gallon. Or if your using a spray bottle just add 5 drops of FF Grow Big. Or you can use 20-20-20 by adding 20 drops to a spray bottle.

And if its a phosphorus def. then use 20-20-20 or FF Tiger Bloom/Big Bloom (one of these are organic). By adding the same amount 1/4 tsp per gallon or 5 drops to a spray bottle. Or 20-20-20 adding 20 drops to a spray bottle.

Now if you have a potassium def. Any nutes thats high in "K" will fix that. which will be your 20-20-20. Once again add 20 drops to a spray bottle.

So you can see why I would use 20-20-20 and only use FF Trio for regular watering. These are the most common problems we have when growing. So to stop most of these from happening early on I would foliar feed 2 times a day using 20-20-20. And make sure the PH of my water is always in-between 5.5-7.0

And I shouldve asked this already, what nutes are you using now?

Cut the dead leaves off also, thats your next best move. Honestly I would get all 4. 20-20-20 ive seen better results and faster. Its made more for regular watering and foliar feeding. Fox Farms is good. But Like I said you dont want to add all of them in a bottle at one time. Im not trying to confuse you. FF trio will get you threw Veg to Flowering and its a great product to use. I only recommend using 20-20-20 because if you really cant identify the problem, then 20-20-20 is a good even NPK pack to use.

OK! Say you have a nitrogen problem, 20-20-20 or Fox Farms Grow Big will fix that right up. There both fast acting. Use 1/4 tsp FF Grow Big per gallon. Or if your using a spray bottle just add 5 drops of FF Grow Big. Or you can use 20-20-20 by adding 20 drops to a spray bottle.

And if its a phosphorus def. then use 20-20-20 or FF Tiger Bloom/Big Bloom (one of these are organic). By adding the same amount 1/4 tsp per gallon or 5 drops to a spray bottle. Or 20-20-20 adding 20 drops to a spray bottle.

Now if you have a potassium def. Any nutes thats high in "K" will fix that. which will be your 20-20-20. Once again add 20 drops to a spray bottle.

So you can see why I would use 20-20-20 and only use FF Trio for regular watering. These are the most common problems we have when growing. So to stop most of these from happening early on I would foliar feed 2 times a day using 20-20-20. And make sure the PH of my water is always in-between 5.5-7.0

And I shouldve asked this already, what nutes are you using now?

Thanks for that, it makes a lot more sense.

And im using osmocote plus for the most part, after i read a thread on this forum.

If your using that, you don't need Fox Farm at all. You just might need additives like super thrive or B-1. Or even sea weed. Yea just get the 20-20-20 you'll be fine. And as for the Osmocote Plus only use that every two weeks

I actually picked up a bottle of super thrive to use with my new clones. However I was under the impression that they were for VEG only.

I actually picked up a bottle of super thrive to use with my new clones. However I was under the impression that they were for VEG only.

You can use super thrive the whole way threw your grow. I use it in every feed and in regular watering. It will have your plants growing stronger and faster. And it wont burn. Use 1/4 tsp per gallon. Honestly I use 2.5 per gallon

The first photo looks like what is wrong with my plants, but my pants are 2 weeks old today. I add the nutes that came with the system. Should I get some other kind?

I would just use plain ol' water. I do agree with a possible nute burn, it's really pretty common. IN a soil medium, sometimes less is more. Trying to fix your pH, in a medium, where it is very forgiving to extremes of pH, can be detrimental towards the uptake of certain more "alkaline preferring" elements, such as nitrogen. I have grown good, non-deficient bud in a pH of 8 (consistently). A lot of the other posts have some pretty good info about what to do fert-wise. In my opinion, the lush green leaves on your plant indicate it is healthy and that the problem is localized. All in all, I doubt this problem will effect the final end result, as this is no where near as bad as stem or bud rot issue.

To sum up, my general opinion is that "less is more". With a soil grow, you don't really need to worry about pH, or even ppM. Especially when adding organics, you don't need to rush and add a bunch of different chemical products hoping to fix the issue. I would water with regular water ( day 50 of flowering...) and prune the infected parts. You'll be fine.

Just my two cents.
:420:

RL

And to add, at this stage, if all is going well, P uptake will cause apoptosis of the fan leaves and draw their energy in towards the density of the buds. The dying of outer leaves while the buds swell is essential towards the thermodynamic benefit of the apoptosis (cell programmed death) I would not worry.

Happy Harvest!

The first photo looks like what is wrong with my plants, but my pants are 2 weeks old today. I add the nutes that came with the system. Should I get some other kind?

Yea if this is your first grow, I would go with GH FloraNova. It has bat guano and other things already in it. Alot of ppl will say different but I still use it and I like it. I get great results with it. Other than that get Fox Farms. Use the organic though.

Back
Top Bottom