Nute burn?

BooMtoLate

So about 30 days til harvest, Alaskan thunder f grown in coco. I was using advanced nutes but switched to mega crop about week and half ago. Leaf edges are brown old growth as well as new growth. This started to happen before the switch of nutes, seems to be getting worse.
IMG_20200123_152915369_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200123_152810009_HDR.jpg
pH steady at 5.8-6.2. Should I flush or just back off the nutes. I'm feeding 6g per gallon.

So about 30 days til harvest, Alaskan thunder f grown in coco. I was using advanced nutes but switched to mega crop about week and half ago. Leaf edges are brown old growth as well as new growth. This started to happen before the switch of nutes, seems to be getting worse.
IMG_20200123_152915369_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200123_152810009_HDR.jpg
pH steady at 5.8-6.2. Should I flush or just back off the nutes. I'm feeding 6g per gallon.
Its burn ..I had it happen way to many times with advanced as well as pushed my ladies to far with other nutes . With advanced it seemed like they burned even using half strength . Anyway flush the root zone with phed water and let it ride for a day or two and then go back with half strength for awhile of your new nutrients .

Its burn ..I had it happen way to many times with advanced as well as pushed my ladies to far with other nutes . With advanced it seemed like they burned even using half strength .
That's probably why it happened so many times. You misdiagnosed your problem. That is K def and not nute burn. Treat it as K def next time and you'll be surprised by the results.

I posted in your journal not knowing you had this thread going. Em's right. Wait it out. 6g is good. You can go to 6.5 if you like this late in flower but don't flush or make any drastic changes.

That's probably why it happened so many times. You misdiagnosed your problem. That is K def and not nute burn. Treat it as K def next time and you'll be surprised by the results.
no ..when I switch nutes as well as cut down on the feed I no longer had that issue . Thanks though .

Try Fox farm i never have this issue seems every time i see a grower with issues its a hydro set up.
your right on the hydro thing ..it can be tricky especially when playing with dissolved oxygen ratios and feed . With that said I gave advanced a try in coco and had the same issues with it . I have since switched to current culture(tried in hydro and coco) and love them and have tweaked air delivery system and if I go over 550ppm I will burn my plants believe it or not .

no ..when I switch nutes as well as cut down on the feed I no longer had that issue . Thanks though .
Then why do you have it now? Trust the MC.

edited: oops... first post of the early morning, and I mixed up posters. Sorry... but again, this is classic damage of a K deficiency, oftentimes confused with a burn. Maybe you were doing like I was doing earlier, No Pain, and was giving P in sufficient amounts to lock out the K. This is easy to do with PK boosters given at the wrong time, and cutting back on all nutes will clear this up.

Then why do you have it now? Trust the MC.

edited: oops... first post of the early morning, and I mixed up posters. Sorry... but again, this is classic damage of a K deficiency, oftentimes confused with a burn. Maybe you were doing like I was doing earlier, No Pain, and was giving P in sufficient amounts to lock out the K. This is easy to do with PK boosters given at the wrong time, and cutting back on all nutes will clear this up.
No worries Emilya we all have had those mornings/posts . lol
I understand what your saying completely and I can see even more so why people in hydro aside from type of system would get it more as when it comes to our ladies in bloom a lot tend to really pack in the and overload the solution with bloom booster . Unfortunately mine was from pushing my ladies hard as I tend to do the first time I grow a strain so I can keep a long and know her limits so I can push that envelope riiiight to the eeeedge :) .

Back
Top Bottom