Nute lockout - CalMag Def - N toxicity?

What do these plants appear to be suffering from most likely?

• N tox/Cal-Mag lockout

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nute burn/needs pHed flush

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

SlickJonz

My two most potent plants are suffering from what appears to be nitrogen toxicity/Calcium Magnesium lockout/deficiency. The leaves are cupping under somewhat, and they have yellowing/browning spots that aren't along the veins of the leaf, but only on the broad parts filled with chlorophyll.

Blu Phantom is the one thats doing it with the most leaves. Its crossed with GDP and cherry pie, so I dont know which of those maybnot like the levels of N they are getting. The Blu OG which is Tahoe OG and OG Kush appears to be thriving with the same nutes. Could some of the knowledgeable members here chime in.

Any and all constructive criticism will be accepted.
20150828_134912.jpg
20150828_134809.jpg
20150828_134759.jpg

That shouod say were getting. I have switched to a low N fert for about last two feedings. Practically once I saw the pistils, I stopped with the 16-16-16 and went with a 3-20-20.

It seems to me that if you were suffering nute burn or toxicity, more of your leaves would show this. It looks more like a light burn or foliar spray burn. I would just trim it off, since it isn't going to do anything more for your lady.

Oh, and check underneath the leaves for signs of bugs.

"...looks more like a light burn or foliar spray burn. I would just trim it off, since it isn't going to do anything more for your lady.

Oh, and check underneath the leaves for signs of bugs."
It has begun to affect other leaves too, and thats why I'm sure it is something I can control. My foliar spray is P & K heavy, but I don't use often.

"nitrogen toxicity"

This is my (very!) uneducated guess based on from what I read. Doesn't look like Cal/Mag deficiency to me.
I'm sure this is partially to blame. About two weeks ago, I doubled up on the veg nutes. Makes sense they show signs now. Salt buildup in those two is more pronounced than the others. Flushed heavy, so now I wait to see if that helps.

check you ph , could be loads going on , no point really guessing until you find out your ph range , looks like high ph locking up , check the ph run off
also looks like over under watered
My soil pH is between 6.5 and 7. The water i have been using is at 8, but I am using fortified soil that was supposed to regulate pH based on the humic acid amongst other things inside the mix. I tried to add a teaspoon distilled to every gallon of water. Maybe lemon juice would be better. How are people pHing 20+ gallons of water?

I have to take a soil sample, allow it to dry, and then I have various cylinders to measure and pour into. Some of the water they get is alkaline, but since the soil still reads acidic, I didn't think unpHed water would hurt them much.

My two most potent plants are suffering from what appears to be nitrogen toxicity/Calcium Magnesium lockout/deficiency. The leaves are cupping under somewhat, and they have yellowing/browning spots that aren't along the veins of the leaf, but only on the broad parts filled with chlorophyll.

Blu Phantom is the one thats doing it with the most leaves. Its crossed with GDP and cherry pie, so I dont know which of those maybnot like the levels of N they are getting. The Blu OG which is Tahoe OG and OG Kush appears to be thriving with the same nutes. Could some of the knowledgeable members here chime in.

Any and all constructive criticism will be accepted.
20150828_134912.jpg
20150828_134809.jpg
20150828_134759.jpg

hey, I know this is a super old thread, but my plants look a LOTTT like this. sounds like the same issue I have had. had it last time, and again this go-round. never figured it out- did you ever find a solution to the problem you had with these plants? would GREATLY appreciate any help! thanks!

hey, I know this is a super old thread, but my plants look a LOTTT like this. sounds like the same issue I have had. had it last time, and again this go-round. never figured it out- did you ever find a solution to the problem you had with these plants? would GREATLY appreciate any help! thanks!
Mike, that original poster is probably long gone. My first impression looking at these pictures from years ago was that this was an overwatered plant. Let me invite you to read my watering article listed here in my signature lines, and then please respond with any questions at the end of that article when you are done. I will be happy to help you diagnose your problem in realtime, here in 2020. Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom