Nute problem? Very bad curling leaves.

Nwsmoke87

Outdoor fiber pot.
Type:3 kings
Weather:cloudy 72deg(Last 2 days)
Nutes: roots organics.
Size: 22" tall / 15" diameter
First time grower.
I think my girl is going under. I'm thinking to much nutes. But i dont nute them very often. Once a week id say. In the past 2 days the leaves one by one are curling down to the point that they touch themselves like you would roll a burrito. If its nute overdose should I flush the little one or let it dry up and hit it with water.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pictures would help, but however it sounds like to much nitrogen. I had that problem, flushed and transplanted (i had crap soil too) whats your PPM with nutes? If youre giving them what a chart calls for, try cutting it to a 1/3 of what they say at start. With my plants using FoxFarm Trio, I had to greatly reduce it, for they were getting nute burn and curling. Hope this helps some.

I'm doing this off my phone so its hard to load photos. The curled leaves are on the new growth. But the main shoots are doing fine. I flushed last night and it seamed to do a little help. Theres no new curls and the old curls have receded their curls a bit.

Organic what???? What's the N-P-K? What's the PH of what your organic nutes when you feed. Have you checked the PH of your runoff. Where do you get your water from and what's the PH and PPM's of that water. How often do you feed and water. You need some meter's for PH and PPM then these issue's will solve themselves. :rip:

My soil ph is 5.9.
Roots organic trinity.
Nitro: 0.1%
Phosphate: 0.5%
Solible potash: 0.25%
1 tbs per gallon per week.

Roots organic uprising grow dry mix.
Total N: 6.0%
5.5% water insoluble N.
0.5% water soluble N
Phosphate: 1.0%
Soluble potash: 2.0%
Calcium:2.0%
1 tbs per week on top soil.

Water is tap. In a holding tank no clorine. No floride.

Im kinda certain its a nitrogen overdose. I'm kinda just wondering homuch I need to flush. Like gallons per day for how many days kinda thing

Generally a flush is slowly dumping twice the volume of water than the bucket through the soil, then let her rest a couple days, then resume a different feeding/watering cycle.

This means, if you have her planted in a 3 gallon pot, you water her with 6 gallons of plain water, letting it wash the nutes out the bottom of the pot.

Awesome! Thanks. So I need a lot more water on my flush. I only did 4 gal. For a 12 gal. Pot. So I should throw 24 gal. Of water thru this baby girl? Alright.

Back
Top Bottom