Nutritional deciciency in budding stage, day 33

dylan082

Hey guys, I hope you can help me!

Problem: Parts of the leaves shows nutritional deciciencies (see picture - the lighter part of the leaves is yellow - the color maybe appears different on the pic) – I don't know what kind of and how to fix it

*** FOR PICTURE SEE NEXT POST ***

Setup:
- Strain: T44
- Flowering stage, day 33
- Soil, 6,5l pots
- 600W lamp
- Temp. 20-26 C
-Watering: Every 3-4 days, 1-1,5l so that the whole soil is wet and I have ~20% drainage
- Fertilizer: Bio Bizz (organic); 10ml Grow, 10ml Bloom, 10ml Top Max

If more informations are required please ask

pic132.jpg

You may be in need of some magnesium. Great Product CalMag+. Worth the investment. Keep in mind that the dmaged leaves will not recover. You will have to closely monitor "new" growth.

What is PH of your nutrient mix. It is possible this issue was caused by PH imbalance also. pH imbalance can lead to some minerals veing locked out of the plant uptake.

Also could just be the strain pics are a Lil tough to tell. But check ph. And previous posters Cal mag is a good idea. Especially during veg as well as adding a silica

Hey guys,

thanks for your replies and sorry for answering that late. I had to create a new account due to login problems.

After you, latewood, told me that my plants probably suffer from mg-deficiency, I compared photos of magnesum-deficiency with my plants and I'm sure you're right. I tried leaf fertilization with low dosed epsom salt, but the plants didn't really react good to it. Cal Mag may be better solution. But I do now think that it is a more general problem, since other plants (strain: querkle) suffer also from nitrate deficiency - even though I'm pretty sure I gave them enough nitrate.

My assumption is (like Dutty supposed as well), that the PH of the soil was fine in the beginning (=6,3 according to Bio Bizz), but after several weeks of watering with tap water (= PH 8,0 and higher) it started to get more and more alkaline. That would also make sense because in the first few weeks the plants looked perfect and suddenly started to show def's.

Tomorrow I will check out the PH of the soil in order to see if that idea is right. By now I'm already watering them water PH ~6,5.

I didn't adjust the water because read so often that the soil can buffer the higher PH of the water... That may be true for water with 7,2 or something similar, but 8,0-8,5 could be just to much. Well, we will see! I'll let you know the results of the PH test!

Great news. Glad to hear you are figuring this issue out. Keep in mind; Only the new growth will look better. The damaged leaves will continue to look as they are. NO big deal, just sayin' :)

BTW. I mix 1TBS Epsom Salt Magnesium sulphate per 10 gallons. Once dissolved; You can water the plant. Don't forget to PH the water. I am sure that was what started all your problems.

Back
Top Bottom