NY. - Marijuana Stolen

Hash

Spring Valley - Nearly 100 potent marijuana plants being stored as evidence outside headquarters because of their strong smell have been stolen, village police said yesterday.

Detectives were interviewing people who worked at the local site and are trying to recover the plants, which were found growing inside a West Church Street house in October, police said.

Police were concerned the hydroponically grown plants could yield 2 pounds of marijuana that could be sold on the streets. Marijuana grown hydroponically is more powerful than that grown strictly in dirt or potting soil.

"The plants were stolen from an off-site storage area," Lt. Paul Modica said yesterday. "We stored the plants outside headquarters because they stank. The plants were tagged to be destroyed. Fortunately, the theft of evidence will not affect any ongoing cases. It had no evidentiary value."

Modica declined to say where the plants were stolen from or comment on the investigation, but said the plants were recently discovered missing, leading to an intense police investigation.

Modica said the plants were the only evidence stored at the site and the only items stolen.

Officers confiscated the marijuana plants and more than $50,000 worth of special lights, hydroponic growing chemicals and commercial-grade air purifiers Oct. 15. Details of any arrests in connection with the seizure were unavailable.

A cadre of police officers raided the two-story house at 53 West Church St., culminating a monthlong investigation.

Once inside the house, police found rows of 4-foot-high marijuana plants being cultivated under five high-intensity lights, with air conditioners and purifiers. Wires were snaking around ventilation shafts cut through the ceiling.

The plants were ready for harvesting, police said.

By Steve Lieberman
The Journal News
Send e-mail to Steve Lieberman
https://www.thejournalnews.com/newsroom/121104/b0111missingpot.html

That doesnt make sense; how can several rows of fully grown, ready-for-harvest marijuana plants only yield 2 pounds as the officers said?

420 said:
$50,000 worth of special lights, hydroponic growing chemicals and commercial-grade air purifiers to yield $8,000 worth of pot... :hmmmm:

thats what I was thinking...
Somewhere down the line someone must have added a zero because that's a ridiculous amount of equipment.

This story is pretty sketchy :hmmmm:

Unless the cops took the excess plants for themselves.

Thats fucking expensive growing shit if its $50,000.

One can only wonder if they all pinched a bud off or something..

And hydro is usualy better... I don't believe I've ever had shitty hydro, I think its prettier too.

Back
Top Bottom