Nyx's Econo Grow: 450W LED, White Widow & Blueberry, 2019 April

KingNyx

I have lurked here for a couple weeks now, learning tons about what I should and shouldn't do. So excuse the first half of my grow being over and the ignorant mistakes you can see on some of my leaves. I actually had no idea how fertilizer worked before I got halfway through, Thankfully cannabis is one hearty plant! Last thing before I start, please no negative vibes in here.

The Grow
For my first grow I chose these lovely seeds. Put them in the zip-lock on jan 15th. Was worried I wouldnt get a germination but the paper towel in a baggy method had 100% on my two. (I also added a few drops of hydrogen peroxide to the baggy) The second i saw sign of a tap root i put them in some soil in small stryofoam cups. Sure enough jan 19th their little heads popped from the dirt.

The soilless grow mix im using is Pro-mix HP + mycorrhizae. The only light I am using at this point is my 450W Viparspectra with only Veg for the first set of leaves and bloom engaged after the second.

The Temperature of the grow was kept at a steady 20-25C and during veg the room had a 50-60% humidity level.

January 26th I setup a DIY aquaponics system as I realize I do not have the nutrients I need to finish the grow. As I only have Alaskan fish fertilizer. I gave them one single dose of that and a few drops of my relatives cactus nutrients. (Keep in mind I dont have a clue what im doing at this point and neither have a PH pen or a EC Pen) I transplant to the new setup containing guppies snails and many detritus worms. The hydroponic equivalent of earthworms.

Quite ugly I agree, but I had what I had and I did what I did. Basically the bucket on the bottom has snails and fish in it and the top buckets have tubes made into ebb and flow syphons so they fill and empty to the holes on the bottom of the 3 gallon pots. They were transplanted January 26th. I thought they were going to be stunted for weeks the blueberry lost half its roots during the transplant. But nope. by Feb 3rd roots were already dipping down into the water.

My Grow space got stolen while I was away and some abuse happened with the plants. The aquaponics came down and I transplanted the ladies into some 10 gallon(?) pots.

Right after the transplant I took a few days to work then decided I needed to get my plants into bloom before my stash is gone and I have to combat anxiety cold turkey.

Alskan saw mill 2x2's and cardboard and my poormans grow tent is complete. At this point I thought I knew enough what I needed too about growing. But my plants health was honestly all thanks to the pro-mix and its fertilizer charge im pretty sure. I kept transplanting before I had problems with nutrients im sure. The night I got them into their new grow area (Feb 22) I flipped their lighting to 12-12 with a timer and added a 200cfm 4 inch VIVOSUN duct fan exhausting from the top. No intake besides holes along the door and bottom. My attempt to draw the co2 from the floor up. When i light incense the negative pressure is enough to draw it under the door so all I can do.

Over time my nutrient feed was becoming clearly inadequate. I bought the 3 part Future harvest-Holland secret mix and ive been using that since about 8 days after flower was initiated at 3/4 what they say I should. After 1 week of flower I also switched the schedule to 11-13 and covered my pots in aluminum foil to try to keep my humidity down as it started to jump up to 70% sometimes 75%

Attachments

• 20190330_123355_HDR.jpg
    20190330_123355_HDR.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 115
Here they are as of today. 44 days after the flip.

Some of these Blueberry leaves are hyper mutants. Just random little fingers coming off this one. and ive seen ones where the left and right sides figners are separated into their own sections along with the first. So 3 section leaves.

Attachments

• 20190407_155545_HDR.jpg
    20190407_155545_HDR.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 127
Here are two clones I cut during the first week of flower. I have a Standard 5000k LED vegging these in a homebrew aeroponic cloner made out of a 28 gallon rubbermaid. 20-4. The fabric bag is landscaping fabric.

That landscaping fabric is a great idea for transplanting. I might try this with an unbleached cone-shaped coffee filter sometime.

Day 46 of Flower

Hard to say if the blueberry looks thicker or not.

My white widow is outside now. Might give it the chop tonight unless someone can convince me not too :p

It has had the exact same time to grow as the blueberry but its significantly smaller. cant justify the electricity on it... I imagine it wont survive long outside since it still gets down to 4c at night. So figure I should cut my losses and clip it and wait for my blueberry. Its pistils are also reddening and few are white. Compared to the blueberry who has no red hairs. Here is the widow Trichromes.

Keep in mind this was off a sample i picked off that was small so i could use my microscope. I would imagine the cola will have signifigantly more clouded Trichs.

Day 49
Buds were really starting to hang and holy are they heavy feeling. The stem is as hard as a tree squeezing it is like squeezing a rock. So where my light is suspended off a hook in the ceiling (In a stud) I have this twine tied to it and holding my branches into a more uniform canopy. Looks a lot better for such a small change. Not sure what I should get myself for my birthday, another grow light or a tent so my grows dont look like im homeless.

Back
Top Bottom