Nyx's Econo Grow: 450W LED, White Widow & Blueberry, 2019 April

Next feed day id give one of your usual measures of straight PHd water then put your feed through. But as has been said the damaged leaf tips wont recover so i go ahead and snip those burnt tips off. Leaf will survive and do its job still.. also opens up that canopy a bit more so win, win ;)

Hey bro! Hows it going.
Id say bring that PH down to about 6.3-6.5 it looks to me like salt build up like @Katins touched on which can cause PH shifts in your medium.
Again though this also looks like one of my plants that got a heat blasting but looks like ya temps are in check so ima stick with the first answer :D

Pretty good thanks! Looking back at the pictures its really hard to tell if its changed at all to me leaf wise tbh.
Oh ouch, ya heat has never gone over 28c the entire grow, ill give her a big drink of 6.3ph water in the morning!

That's why I say I'm not confident enough to offer any solution. And judging by what you say, I am not sure one is needed. I'd say maybe raise your lights a bit, otherwise continue what you're doing.

I've got my light up at 18" from canopy now, so hopefully it helps.

Next feed day id give one of your usual measures of straight PHd water then put your feed through. But as has been said the damaged leaf tips wont recover so i go ahead and snip those burnt tips off. Leaf will survive and do its job still.. also opens up that canopy a bit more so win, win ;)

Is it still okay to feed at this point?

Oh hold on. Did i just read you changed the light?

Just the height of it, I thought my lady was almost done so I dropped it down to 12" (it was 18 and the burnt leaves were already there, so I dropped it to 12", doesnt seem to have rippened up much since)

I'd go with what has been suggested, pH adjusted water, raise the light, and hold the nutrients. See how she looks in a few days and re-assess the situation. The problem could be light burn, or too much phosphorus. This strategy covers both.

Late to the party here,but you've already gotten excellent advice....

I'm not a nute guy but I can offer a little moral support...the smokable parts haven't been damaged much
so you'll still get a great harvest....won't win any beauty contests between now and then,but I've never grown anything that looked "pretty" just before harvest,either.
They always look like they've got one foot in the grave,because they do....

I'd go with what has been suggested, pH adjusted water, raise the light, and hold the nutrients. See how she looks in a few days and re-assess the situation. The problem could be light burn, or too much phosphorus. This strategy covers both.

Just gave a big drink of Ph.6.3 water

Ah yer good point you wanna chop soon right? Id give a little touch more water than usual for the first water and just water til ya chop. Drop out the feed as you and old salt said.

Okay, no more feed!

Late to the party here,but you've already gotten excellent advice....

I'm not a nute guy but I can offer a little moral support...the smokable parts haven't been damaged much
so you'll still get a great harvest....won't win any beauty contests between now and then,but I've never grown anything that looked "pretty" just before harvest,either.
They always look like they've got one foot in the grave,because they do....

Im not expecting to win anything with this crappy grow thankfully lol. Next time we will see what happens.
My mom doesnt use nutrients either but will accept my seaweed extract, you and other organic growers add guano and blood meal etc etc so you have a full base fertilizer, but they are just using dirt and old hay... So nitrogen and some other stuff in miniscule amounts.

My sister on the other hand wont even touch the seaweed, anything besides a hole in the ground is evil lol. I dont have any qualms with organic, hell I add a hay mulch top layer with earthworms and Enchytraeus's just because the fulvic acids, bacteria, amino acids, and whatever other goodies they secrete obviously have effects on the plants.

But a lot of the people around these parts scream when they hear 'fertilizer' and go as far as to call them 'synthetic'. My sister calls them that, and every time I have to explain to her that its a concentrated jug of salts and the closest it gets to synthetic is when they make ammonia with methane or natural gas. (Also where the myth of fertilizer being an oil by-product came from). The other one ive heard her say is they are full of lead and heavy metals they dont tell you about.

But life isnt full of magic and mystery, and in Canada fertilizers have to be tested annually.

Lead occurs naturally in soils, typically at concentrations that range from 10 to 50 mg/kg (milligrams of lead per kilogram of soil, equivalent to parts of lead per million parts of soil, or ppm). These concentrations frequently range from 150 mg/kg to as high as 10,000 mg/kg at the base of a home painted with lead-based paint. Lead does not biodegrade, or disappear over time, but remains in soils for thousands of years so doesn't matter how long ago the lead painted building or other contamination was there.

My fertilizer has Lead @ <0.25 μg/g or <0.25 mg/kg.
You could lick a rock in the middle of an untouched rainforest and get more lead in you than drinking a bottle of this stuff. Hell there is more lead in her baby blankets than my fertilizer >.>

Didnt mean to rant there and im definitely not knocking organic but for future growers reading through, if you dont wanna use salts and grow organic thats fine but dont hate on them for unfair reasons. If you cant afford to grow organically dont stray from salt just because of some misinformation.
Hope that helps someone else out one day. Heard a great rant about this by my chemistry professor.

I don't hate on chemicals- Miracle Gro was my go-to for all my
outdoor grows (not the soil,just the plant food)-grew quite a few 3 foot /5-6 oz plants,
with no complaints from the consumers (me and my 4 sons)

I just decided to try something different this year,for indoors- organic soil with MegaCrop nutrients,
and it's working well-a little more work than MG,since I add them with every watering,but hell, I've got to ph the water anyway,so I might as well dump some goodies in there while I'm at it.
Since I add nutes,it's probably not true organic,but I don't care,and neither do the plants,so it's working for me.
That's the thing-if it works for you,just do it...

I don't hate on chemicals- Miracle Gro was my go-to for all my
outdoor grows (not the soil,just the plant food)-grew quite a few 3 foot /5-6 oz plants,
with no complaints from the consumers (me and my 4 sons)

I just decided to try something different this year,for indoors- organic soil with MegaCrop nutrients,
and it's working well-a little more work than MG,since I add them with every watering,but hell, I've got to ph the water anyway,so I might as well dump some goodies in there while I'm at it.
Since I add nutes,it's probably not true organic,but I don't care,and neither do the plants,so it's working for me.
That's the thing-if it works for you,just do it...

This will be my first year growing outdoors, planning to grow a dank tree.
My dad swore by miracle grow, I cant imagine it being a complete set of nutrients though or youd figure there would be more nutrient suppliers with 1 part nutrients.

You can call it organic, well unless your planning to sell it. But if its just you, then who cares, as far as im concerned the optimal growing configuration is organic ammended with chem. Get the flavors of organic and the accuracy and instantaneous response of salts. Everyone has their own way to do things though.

Day 62

Before and after I trimmed burnt trips.

Gave a big drink of cold PHed water. It was exactly 6.0 but I expect when I test the run off it will be in the mid 6's.

Day 63

So I was going to make her blue up by taking her outside. Tied my branches together now that she was fixed in the position and cut the string holding it up down. Half way outside the door carrying her and trip right over some random planting container someone left at the bottom of the door steps (Like seriously couldve broken my neck, leaving shit in doorways is bad) and lands right on the dirty ground and snaps. For a solid 15 seconds I just swore and stared at it. Then cut her up, took her inside, All my branches were dipped into a bucket of luke warm water and shaken to get the dirt and hair off. Hung them up on a rack with twist ties and clipped them while they dried.

So no blue bag appeal this time. Here is my final harvest.

Not sure how much I actually got. But i will come back and do a smoke review and do my final weight dried and all that. Looks like a decent amount to me. At least 4 ziplock bags so must be at least 4 ounces there. Got tons of trim too.

Overall, I wouldve been happier giving it a night outside before cutting it down, but considering I thought she was goign to die at the start of flower before I got my nutrients she did a very good job. Toughed out my lack of skill and still gave me something to smoke. So thank you Blueberry for doing your best, and sorry I dropped you lol.

That should keep you in the smoke for a little while...:goodjob:

Funny-today was harvest day for me too,found 1 nanner on my plant & considered that a sign....

That should keep you in the smoke for a little while...:goodjob:

Funny-today was harvest day for me too,found 1 nanner on my plant & considered that a sign....

Oh ya, looks like a lot more in the basket then it did on the plant tbh, hopefully it lasts me a the summer till my outdoor harvest.
If I found a nanner too I would probably be wondering if it had to do with the time of year, but my "sign" was just my atrocious luck.
I have no idea how you go so much scissor hash, even when I used to clip for a living for other people at the end of the day my scissors would barely have anything, maybe I just dont cut in close enough.

Hey-you didn't break your neck,and you've got plenty of smoke-life is good!

so much scissor hash
You shoulda seen my fingers...

Hey-you didn't break your neck,and you've got plenty of smoke-life is good!

You shoulda seen my fingers..,

True! If i broke my neck I wouldnt even be able to roll a joint. That would be a terrible time.
Now that I know how to make a bud, I just need to master making big ones and not making my plant look like it went through a microwave.

I have no idea how to tag people, but a big thank you for all the moral support, kind words and help I received. I appreciate it. I was expecting to go through this grow on my own and I got some incredibly helpful insight here. Might even say the reason I made it to harvest was because of the people here existing.

You're welcome,glad we could help out...it worked out well,which is what we're all aiming for..

To tag someone,just put an @ in front of their name,like @KingNyx -you're tagged

Got to spell it exactly right or the tag won't work.

So I was going to make her blue up by taking her outside. Tied my branches together now that she was fixed in the position and cut the string holding it up down. Half way outside the door carrying her and trip right over some random planting container someone left at the bottom of the door steps (Like seriously couldve broken my neck, leaving shit in doorways is bad) and lands right on the dirty ground and snaps. For a solid 15 seconds I just swore and stared at it. Then cut her up, took her inside

Really crappy luck there @KingNyx (tagged). At least it wasn't 3 weeks ago. I think I would have done a good hour of cussing, with my wife in the background saying " just smoke a joint and calm down, it's not so bad " The voice of reason and the reason for my sanity.
Look forward to seeing some numbers
:high-five: Well done

Really crappy luck there @KingNyx (tagged). At least it wasn't 3 weeks ago. I think I would have done a good hour of cussing, with my wife in the background saying " just smoke a joint and calm down, it's not so bad " The voice of reason and the reason for my sanity.
Look forward to seeing some numbers
:high-five: Well done

I need me a wife that can tame my irritability. But for now Mary Jane did the job. Once I got an hour into clipping that contact high had me feeling better about it. Im glad it got the extra couple weeks that it did, ill just have to wait till next crop to try some ripe bud out. I WANTED IT BLUE SO BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Back
Top Bottom